Apr 28, 2019

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well, this week was kind of blah. Work is still insane. Now we're apparently "trying" to move downtown in three WEEKS instead of three MONTHS! So yeah...that was definitely a shock to the senses. On top of that from what I've heard, the parking situation will NOT be pretty and my anxiety is already edging above its limits regarding that. Still trying to find a new job but it's sooooo slow going. Occasionally I get a good interview, but then I never hear back, weeks later. But onto happier things...like BOOKS!

This week I bought:

The Ravenous by Amy Lukavics
Stardust by Alyssa Rose Ivy--FREEBIE read!!


Then I also got an ARC from my favorite Indie Bookstore from the festivities yesterday and I found one I was excited for and a tad hesitant after a review, so I was happy to get this one!

The Missing Season by Gillian French (ARC)


I also bought the exclusive Independent Bookstore Day pin from Out of Print:



Then I also received my preorder gift for Finale and let me tell you I am OVER THE MOON IN LOVE with my Deck of Destiny!!!!


Expect some Bookstagram shots of these in the future! This is my lazy STS shot! Lol!!


THANK YOU Flatiron Books!!
 
 
Then in a trade on BooksforTrade I got the awesome Six of Crows socks from the April Owl Crate!! I love Out of Print's socks and these just ROCK!!
 
 
 
THANK YOU Hayley!!
 
 
And that was it for me! What did you all get?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry work is still messing with you like that, Jessica! Hopefully, you'll find another job, closer to home, very soon!
    Great haul this week - love the socks, too.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about work. It's been hectic for me lately too! Hopefully it gets easier for the both of us. I love the socks!!! They are so cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks about your job, hope you can find a new job soon that won't be stressful. You got some interesting books, I am curious about The Missing Season!

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all the stuff at your job. I don't miss working in the city. I don't even like visiting the city, because parking and driving there is such a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't be happy about a move downtown. A long time ago a job I had moved to the city and on top of the extended drive, my paycheck went down because of city taxes. I really wanted to go to Independent Bookstore Day. I have had it on my calendar for months but with my husband not working, I just can't spend any money on books. I am still pretty sad that I had to miss it but am glad you got some nice goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find the perfect job for you! That's difficult having to move in three weeks, and dealing with a crazy parking situation. Congrats on your new pin, and books! I love the deck of cards and socks! Happy Reading!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, The Ravenous! I remember having that on my radar, it's a nice reminder I still need to check it out.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a move in three weeks instead of three months must be stressful!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!