Apr 17, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine


From Danielle Vega, YA’s answer to Stephen King, comes a new paranormal novel about dark family secrets, deep-seated vengeance, and the horrifying truth that evil often lurks in the unlikeliest of places.

Hendricks Becker-O’Malley is new in town, and she’s bringing baggage with her. With a dark and wild past, Hendricks doesn’t think the small town her parents moved her to has much to offer her in terms of excitement. She plans on laying low, but when she’s suddenly welcomed into the popular crowd at school, things don’t go as expected.

Hendricks learns from her new friends that the fixer-upper her parents are so excited about is notorious in town. Local legend says it’s haunted. Hendricks doesn’t believe it. Until she’s forced to. Blood-curdling screams erupt from the basement, her little brother wakes up covered in scratches, and something, or someone pushes her dad down the stairs. With help from the mysterious boy next door, Hendricks makes it her mission to take down the ghosts . . . if they don’t take her first.
  



I LOOOVE Danielle's horror stories! I still need to read the rest of The Merciless series but I am still super excited for her next new horror read!


TITLE: The Haunted
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: YA Horror
RELEASE DATE: June 4, 2019





12 comments:

  1. I'm really curious about this one! I'm always happy to check out more YA horror, lol.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh! I love the cover to this book!! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an ARC!!! It's up for reading on my pile in May to get reviewed by publication date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to score an arc of this one but no luck. I'll be grabbing it when it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author yet, but this sounds good. Makes me think of the haunting supposedly done by the Bell Witch. I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story sounds like my kind of scary! I like the creepy book cover too!

    Here's my WOW:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2019/04/waiting-on-wednesday-78.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Stephen King, huh? Those are some big shoes to fill. Hope it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by this author before. I'm not really into reading scary stories, but I hope you enjoy this one, Jessica!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any books by Danielle Vega, though I'm seen plenty of her books around! I love to hear/read scary stories, but I also get scared easily and find that I may regret it! I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. I'd have to stop and pick this up if I ran across it in the store!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!