Apr 25, 2019

Let's Discuss--Bookish Wishes

So an idea came to me the other day and I thought, why not make it into a discussion post! I thought it would be fun and would be rather curious for other people's answers too!


One Bookish Wish!


If you could have one bookish wish come true, what would you wish for? ARCs for life? An endless supply of books from publishers? A new ereader? A treasured unicorn you just can't seem to find?

My answer came rather easily, though I admit, it has two parts. I don't know if that's cheating or not. And this is my own post! Lol! I'm going to say no, it's not cheating. My wish is that NO SERIES EVER BE CANCELLED...this is mostly in regards to when publishers decide to CANCEL a series when there was likely just ONE more book left. That's wrong. That's just plain cruel and unusual punishment.

My wish would have it so this would never happen! If there was a book 2 in a series meant to be 3 books or 4 or however many the author envisioned it, that's how many we will have! So of course, I had series in mind for this particular one. Intertwined, A Book of Spirits and Thieves, Nightstruck...all amazingly wonderful series that were cancelled...at the final book! Most were trilogies, Intertwined should have been a quartet and yet publishers decided it was a no go for all of these wonderful beauties! There's even Gone with the Respiration series, which I thought was meant to be a trilogy, but the author had personal issues and withdrew from writing it. That I can understand. I mean it's still hurts, but it's understandable.

So yes. My wish would be that no series was ever cancelled because of things like "sales." Yes, that's important, but this would be my wish because seriously my sanity and heart have been shredded so deeply over the aforementioned series. It hurts every time I look at those books on my shelves, waiting eternally for their final companion. 








3 comments:

  1. Honestly, your wish would be my wish. I started a Melanie Rawn series that will NEVER be finished and my heart breaks every time I see book 1 and 2 on my shelves, knowing that it will forever end on that horrible cliffhanger. It is the WORST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on that. It's terrible to be left waiting for an ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm not surprised that this is your bookish wish---you have lamented this often. I feel for you!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!