Apr 24, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.


A genre-bending epic horror-fantasy, inspired by the legend of Faust, that spans generations as an ancient evil is uncovered--perfect for fans of Kendare Blake and Ransom Riggs.

Before the birth of time, a monk uncovers the Devil's Tongue and dares to speak it. The repercussions will be felt for generations...

Sixteen-year-old photography enthusiast Zoey has been fascinated by the haunted, burnt-out ruins of Medwyn Mill House for as long as she can remember--so she and her best friend, Poulton, run away from home to explore them. But are they really alone in the house? And who will know if something goes wrong?

In 1851, seventeen-year-old Roan arrives at the Mill House as a ward--one of three, all with something to hide from their new guardian. When Roan learns that she is connected to an ancient secret, she must escape the house before she is trapped forever.

1583. Hermione, a new young bride, accompanies her husband to the wilds of North Wales where he plans to build the largest water mill and mansion in the area. But rumors of unholy rituals lead to a tragic occurrence and she will need all her strength to defeat it.

Three women, centuries apart, drawn together by one Unholy Pact. A pact made by a man who, more than a thousand years later, may still be watching...
  



I am super excited for Dawn's new book! I loved her previous ones! It's another potential pick for my Halloween giveaway! I have so many potentials this year but it means I must read them all before October! And I so want to read some creepy reads in October! Lol.


PUBLISHER: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
GENRE: YA Horror
RELEASE DATE: June 11, 2019







10 comments:

  1. This one is going to be twisty, I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this author and need this one NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I almost always wind up adding your picks to my TBR haha so thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author before. This book sounds super creepy! I hope you enjoy reading it, Jessica.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kendare Blake reference got me- then I saw this was Dawn Kurtagich! This should be creepy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one as well! It sounds perfectly creepy and I loved The Dead House! I hope you enjoy it!

    Here’s my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything from Kurtagich, because her books look sort of scary, but I love the idea of her blending and crossing genres.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I'm very excited for this one. Love Dawn Kurtagich!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really into scary books but this one sounds like it'll be good.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I hadn't heard of this one before so I am SO glad you shared this! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!