Apr 9, 2019

Books I'll Probably Never Read Tag

I saw this tag over at Fiction No Chaser who originally saw it over at Hot Shot Headlines and once again thought it looked like an interesting and fun tag to do! I borrowed this image above from Fiction No Chaser as there didn't seem to be an "original" picture for it and I wanted one with the tag name in it! :)


A REALLY HYPED BOOK YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN READING

This seems like a really popular series lately but for whatever reason I just can't get into it. Having an overwhelming TBR pile as it is might also play a role in my decision too! Lol.


SERIES YOU WON'T BE STARTING/FINISHING

This is a series that doesn't seem to be losing its popularity ever. I gave the first a book a try but didn't like it and decided I'd never read the rest of it despite everyone tell me it gets better.


A CLASSIC YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN

Jane Austen's books seem to be one of the popular choices in terms of classics, but the stories never really grabbed at my attention even before my paranormal days.


A GENRE YOU NEVER READ

I think we all pretty much know that I stay far away from contemporaries no matter the attended age!


A BOOK ON YOUR SHELVES YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER ACTUALLY MAY OR MAY NOT READ

Usually if it's in my TBR pile, it means I want to read it. Some books though I might have lost my excitement over after time and most are just buried so deep I forget which ones I have! I'm not saying I won't ever actually read this one, but right now it's still one I am hesitant about. I bought it all whimsical like at a signing last year. I had read so many DNF reviews on it that have me slightly terrified I won't like it, but it combines two of my favorite things, fairy tales and vampires, so I do still want to give it a try at some point. But let's just say it's not quite at the top of my TBR pile at this point.












8 comments:

  1. I had to read Jane Austen in HS and I did not enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Throne Of Glass, but I bought the series for my library because the girls loved it. Not written for me, I guess, written for them. Too many adults like me are reading YA(I’m a school librarian, so I have an excuse)

    Er- Pride And Prejudice is not Paranormal unless you are referring to Pride And Prejudice And Zombies. If you don’t read the original, you are totally missing out on a huge delight. Tell you what - watch the TV version with Colin Firth. If you’re heterosexual and don’t drool over THAT scene with Darcy emerging from a pond in a wet shirt(admittedly not in the book, but who cares?) I give up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently listened to the Audible Original audio dramatization of Emma by Jane Austen last month and it was actually really good. It was my first experience with anything written by Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to the hoopla unabridged audiobook for P&P recently and really enjoyed it. The audiobook massively improved my reading experience, I don't think I would have been able to finish it if I hadn't listened to it.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you didn't like Throne of Glass. I love that series. I swear it gets better!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DNF'd Nevernight as I couldn't get into the dramatic writing style. I feel like I'm part of a really small group who isn't into the book as everyone I see who has read it absolutely loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But Pride and Prejudice is so good :( The plots are standard but it's the characters that make it. Watch P&P and Zombies first if you need a bit of paranormal to make it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really excited about A Blade So Black until the reviews started rolling in. I think I'll still try it sometime, but I'm definitely more hesitant now. (Maybe I'll see if the library has the audiobook.)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!