Apr 22, 2022

Book Blogger Hop

 

 

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!

 

This week's question is: Do you finish reading every book that you have slotted for a review? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)


MY ANSWER: I'm not sure if I am interpreting this question correctly or not. If I agree to review a book from a publisher, I will finish reading it. Obviously, if something doesn't work for me, I will give in to DNFing, but I nearly always finish a book once I start it.

I usually won't schedule a review until I finish the book though. So perhaps that's where the question lies. I mean generally I schedule ARC reviews the week before the book releases. Any earlier and I feel like readers might not remember the book still has a few weeks until it comes out! I know I personally don't read ARC reviews that are more than a week early because I don't want to get excited for a book that I have to wait weeks and weeks for. Especially if I was already excited to begin with!

The same is said for me reviewing my TBR books. I don't schedule those in advance! I read the book and once I finish it, I write a review. Now depending on what time of day I finish the book and get my review together I might not post it until the next day, just because I don't feel like posting a review on my blog at 7 at night since I know I'm not blogging at that particular time of day! So I'll schedule the review for the next morning. I guess being an early bird makes me think people aren't up reading blog posts at all hours of the night/evening. I know I might read for a little bit in the evening, but I sometimes just vege out and watch TV depending on my frame of mind.

So I guess in the long run, I don't really schedule my review until I've finished the book--be it ARC or published.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!