Jan 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


The Bluebeard fairy tale retold. . . .

When seventeen-year-old Sophia Petheram’s beloved father dies, she receives an unexpected letter. An invitation—on fine ivory paper, in bold black handwriting—from the mysterious Monsieur Bernard de Cressac, her godfather. With no money and fewer options, Sophie accepts, leaving her humble childhood home for the astonishingly lavish Wyndriven Abbey, in the heart of Mississippi.

Sophie has always longed for a comfortable life, and she finds herself both attracted to and shocked by the charm and easy manners of her overgenerous guardian. But as she begins to piece together the mystery of his past, it’s as if, thread by thread, a silken net is tightening around her. And as she gathers stories and catches whispers of his former wives—all with hair as red as her own—in the forgotten corners of the abbey, Sophie knows she’s trapped in the passion and danger of de Cressac’s intoxicating world.

Glowing strands of romance, mystery, and suspense are woven into this breathtaking debut—a thrilling retelling of the “Bluebeard” fairy tale.




Sooooo cannot wait to read this one! Was rejected on Netgalley so alas, I must still wait for this one! I love fairy tale retellings and I wasn't impressed with the last Bluebeard retelling I read, so I am anxious to read this one!



TITLE: Strand of Bronze and Gold
AUTHOR: Jane Nickerson

PUBLISHER: Random House Children's Books

GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: March 12, 2013







29 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have this on my Nook waiting to be read. I started a little bit of it, but had another deadline to meet, so I had to shelve it for a little while longer.

    What was the other Bluebeard retelling you've read? Even if it was horrible I'm still interested - morbid curiosity and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this cover, the artwork reminds me a lot of the Clockwork series from Cassandra Clare!

    Here's my Wow -

    RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've seen this book over at NetGalley. Unfortunately I don't have time to read right now. But I will once when my exams pass :) Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have wowed me again chick. where do you find all these amazing reads. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bluebeard fairytale is so creepy! I'm looking forward to this retelling as well! Thanks for stopping by1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. Looks good.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this one sounds really good! Awesome choice.
    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn - nothing worse than getting your hopes up, then being slapped down with a decline on NetGalley. Hope it's worth the wait.

    My WOW this week has a touch of Indiana Jones and Michael Crichton to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes yes yes. can't wait for this one. Here is mine. http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-43-and-www.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds interesting. I hope this is a good fairytale retelling.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this sounds so tempting! Love the way it is described in the blurb...so visual.

    Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love fairytale retellings so hopefully this one is a good one. Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a new one to me. It sounds sound good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for this one!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice! I saw this one a while ago on goodreads so definitely a good pick :)

    Thanks for coming by my WoW!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds great.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got this one on Netgalley and am about to start it soon. Yes, it looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine so check it out

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a lovely book! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHHH this book was for Ambuzzadors through random buzzers and it looks so great I cannot wait either! Thanks for stopping by my blog.:)
    Old Follower
    Krista@KristaReads

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love fairy tale retellings too. That looks really good! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting.
    Michelle @ Mom With A Kindle



    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never heard of the Bluebeard fairy tale. This one looks really good. I will have to check it out when it comes out. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't seen this one before, but it should definitely keep you on your toes. I see why you are waiting on it :) Thank you so much for stopping by my WoW. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't heard of this one before but I LOVE that title and cover! So gorgeous! Sounds like a nice read.

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earilier. Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds AMAZING! The cover is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was also rejected for this one *sad face* I can't wait. I love the fact that it's a Blue beard retelling :D

    WoW - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love retellings! Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!