Jun 18, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

Find way too many good teases! So I went with a few of them. Had to restrain myself and not choose more, they were all just too good!

"I wanted Aric. Then. Now. Fast. Especially when his mouth moved to my neck and found a spot behind my--

'Celia Wird! You unhand that boy this instant!'

And that's when the devil in support hose appeared." p 29


"'It's not like we parade shirtless men around here.'

As if on cue, Liam jogged around to the front of the house. Naked." p 29

"'Watch out, little kitty. Here comes the wolf.'" p 204

TITLE: A Cursed Embrace
AUTHOR: Cecy Robson

PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 2, 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List

*in no particular order

Most of these are ones that are in my TBR pile with a few exceptions that release next month! Don't want to go further than July with new releases since I always defined summer as time not in school. August is usually half summer, but that starts to get complicated!! Trying to keep this one simple with mostly TBR books and the first two as early July releases! Weird is me! :D


1. Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones


2. Deadly Forecast by Victoria Laurie


3. Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris


4. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks 




5. Of Triton by Anna Banks




6. Blood Fever by Veronica Wolff




7. The Keep by Veronica Wolff




8. Tempest Reborn by Nicole Peeler




9. Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Yes, I still need to read this one!


10. Angelfall by Susan Ee



Now the challenge is trying to actually read all these! Might start doing so in a few weeks because I have a few more older books I would like to read first.




35 comments:

  1. Jessica, your teasers are REALLY amazing!! Thanks for sharing, I definitely have to check this book out!

    Also, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. I really want to read Of Poseidon. do tell me how you find it. :)
    And your teasers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jessica, the teasers are amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing teasers. I liked them all. I'm going to check this book out.
    You have some great summer reads there. I'm currently reading Obsession. Will be posting my thoughts next week.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT. Happy Tuesday :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing teasers. I liked them all. I'm going to check this book out.
    You have some great summer reads there. I'm currently reading Obsession. Will be posting my thoughts next week.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT. Happy Tuesday :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. God, I snort-laughed at those teasers. Thanks alot, I'm gonna look into this series. =) My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the teasers!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carolyn-Brown/136457113149948

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teaser was awesome. I like your top 10 list too. Here is my teaser Tuesday. http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/teaser-tuesday-june-18/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I like the sound of this book... Will have to check it out. Always love a good read which has naked men in it! lol.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great top ten! Angelfall is amazing:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this book so badly. I can barely wait for July 2 to arrive. Very jealous of you right now.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your teasers make the book sound like a lot of fun to read. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. Come see my teasers for Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh and Ink by Amanda Sun. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Fifth Grave Past the Light on my list too! I love the Charley Davidson series - it's great to see it on someone else's list too.

    TTT @ Krista’s Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely forgot to put Obsession! *facepalm* I still need to read that one too. I also need to read Anna Banks's books, as well as Angelfall! I do hang my head in shame that I was at Walmart yesterday and peeked at the last Sookie book. I knew I wouldn't read it for quite some time, if ever, so I went and spoiled myself. :D

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teasers! Leaves me wanting to know more about these characters.

    Here's my Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-18-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your teasers! This sounds like a book I'd really enjoy. No wonder you had a hard time limiting the excerpts you posted.
    My Teaser is from THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, those teasers are so much fun!


    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book sounds hilarious, I think I'll check it out!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed Of Poseidon and am planning to read Of Triton soon. Hope you enjoy them!

    Ems
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of a few of these - will definitely have to check some of them out!

    Here's my list: http://suchanovelidea.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really liked Angelfall!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of Poseidon is on my list, too! Really excited to finally read that one. And I looooooved Angelfall. Really great book, I hope you like it!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha, I'm reading this one this week too! And my teaser is from it. :D

    I too have a teaser up, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-167.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE the teases! So great. These are on my to-read list, but I haven't started the first one. I also love your top 10 list. Of course, I hope to be reading Obsession, and I really like the mermaid ones you chose as well. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been waiting for Dead Ever After for what seems like forever from my library. I'm both glad and sad the series is ending. Other than that you have a few books on your list that I've been wanting to read. Thanks for visiting my Tuesday post!

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great teasers.... I laughed my way through them!! I have some of the books in your list in my TBR pile soon too!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the teasers... very funny.
    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol, I really like the second teaser. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. the second teaser made me laugh .. here’s my teaser http://wp.me/p3v5T1-6n

    ReplyDelete
  30. Of Poseidon and Dead Ever After were almost on my list. If I kept numbering, they would be numbers 11 and 12! Lol. The Of Poseidon series looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Of Poseidon and AngelFall are both are my TBR for a later date. Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my post from Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!