Jun 5, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Celia Wird and her three sisters are just like other twenty-something girls—with one tiny exception: They are the products of a curse that backfired and gave each of them unique powers that made them, well, a little weird…

After Celia Wird and her sisters help master vampire Misha save his family, their powers are exposed to the supernatural community of the Lake Tahoe region. But fame comes at a price, and being “weird” isn’t always welcome.

To make matters worse, Celia desires the love of Alpha werewolf Aric, but his pack is bent on destroying their relationship to preserve his pureblood status. And once weres start turning up dead—with evidence pointing to the vampires—she must face the prospect of losing Aric forever. But the chaos only masks a new threat. An evil known as the Tribe has risen—and their sights are set on Celia and her sisters.


This was a series that took me by surprise in my enjoyment! Totally love it now and cannot wait to read this one!

TITLE: A Cursed Embrace
AUTHOR: Cecy Robson

PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 2, 2013



Charley Davidson may not look like your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper, but she has vowed to reap grimness wherever she goes despite this unfortunate fact. Sadly, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. As he is the main suspect in her arson case, she is determined to stay away from him until she can find out the truth. According to her therapist, however, she lacks conviction.

When dead women start appearing in her apartment - lost, confused and terrified beyond reason - Charley has no choice but to ask for Reyes's help, especially when it becomes apparent that her own sister Gemma is the serial killer's next target. With his ability to observe incorporeally, surely he can find out who's responsible. And even if he can't, he is the one man alive who could protect Gemma no matter who or what came at her. But he wants something in return: Charley. All of her - body and soul. And to keep her sister safe, it is a price she is willing to pay…


Love-love-love this series! Actually preordered this one just before I lost my power! Whew! Although I am not loving the cover change, I can deal. The writing's the same and that's all that matters!!

TITLE: Fifth Grave Past the Light
AUTHOR: Darynda Jones

PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Urban Fantasy with Mystery
RELEASE DATE: July 9, 2013




30 comments:

  1. Behind on both series! I have been wanting to read the first book in the Cecy Robson series. Also still need to read the third book in the Charley Davidson series.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jones' humour is brilliant, I've only read the first 2 so I need to play catch up with this series, Cecy Robson is a new author for me but I love that synopsis so much I'm going to have to track down Book 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Jessica! I'm yet to try the Charley Davidson series, and I'll add Sealed with a Curse on my wishlist asap :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read either series....the books look fascinating! Thanks for sharing. Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of either series but A Cursed Embraced sounds really good.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard the Jones books are good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Picks! I can't wait on the 5th Charley book either, I LOVE that series!

    Here's my http://christysbookaddiction.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both books sounds exciting!

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds awesome! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the sound of the second book. I haven't heard of it but sounds really great! :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of either of these books, though I have heard of Darynda Jones. Hope you get to read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Cursed Embrace has an awesome cover! Great picks :)

    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't started reading the Charley Davidson series, but I am reading and enjoying her Darklight series. Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both sound cool. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-50-daughters-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had never heard of the Cecy Robson one until just now- and it sounds awesome!! I've heard of Darynda's but haven't gotten to it yet. Both great picks Jessica!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these series sound great! :)

    My WOW: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. i've heard a l ot of great things about darynda jones!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first one sounds really good! Just saw it on goodreads a few days ago and I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need to read Robson's books! They sound fantastic, so I'm looking forward to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh I love that the one series is about reapers! Great picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. They both are definitely my cup of tea! Lovin the cover for Cursed Embrace!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard such good things about the Charley Davidson series, maybe one day I'll get to them. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two interesting picks - good luck with both!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really need ot read Darynda Jones already! I love the look of all her stuff, and I love that cover! It sounds so good! :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't know about myself, but I know for sure that you'll enjoy your picks this time, Jessica! I hope you get to read them soon. Awesome choices!

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  26. These books look so good! Great WoW pick :)
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two GORGEOUS covers!!! And two series I haven't read. They both sound awesome though!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh those look awesome! Adding them on my to-read shelf, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hating waiting too..... ;)
    Thanks for stopping by this week!

    Sabrina @iheartyafiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!