Jun 16, 2013

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



Well it was a good week-bad week, which means I didn't add much to my TBR mountain--yay!, but then I really didn't get anything new either--boo!

So yeah, definitely one of those awkward weeks, next week might be more of the same too.


Anyway, first off I got an early copy of A Cursed Embrace from Cecy Robson!! I had been at her table at RT for a bingo event and it was hard trying to get a bingo, especially at our table! And then when I finally got a bingo, there wasn't any good prizes left, I think mine was some bag of buttons and id necklaces. So Cecy said to email her after RT and she'd send me a book! Since I just got her first one I asked to wait til she got her copies of this one and she said no problem! And it came this week!! I just read the first chapter yesterday and getting myself back into the swing of things since I just read that one a few months ago!

A Cursed Embrace by Cecy Robson (early/author copy)


Then after I finally got my Soft Kitty bookmark, someone had commented that they had a Sheldon one that said, "That's my spot." And I realized I wanted that one too! So I tracked that one down, along with another bookmark that I couldn't pass up!

 
I'm the kind of reader who needs a real bookmark for my real book! No scraps of paper or receipts for me. And I cringe at the folded page corners!! That's a no-no in my book (Ha! A pun!)!


And that's what I got this week! What did you get?




26 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Happy reading :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I loved the cecy robson book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Big Bang Theory bookmark?! I'm so jealous! I love bookmarks too, I have a whole collection. Happy reading!

    My SS: http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/im-back-showcase-sunday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Love the bookmarks! Happy reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always really enjoy your bookmarks, Jessica! :) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite bookmark is one I cross-stitched. I do have quite an assortment of other ones too. Thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved A Cursed Embrace! My review was posted last Monday as part of my part in her tour! Hope you it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never heard of the weird girls series but i'm intrigued by that cover. hope it's a good one! happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my sts

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the book marks! Lol I hate seeing books with folded page corners too and I have to have a proper book mark, I have like 6 book marks now but I only ever read one book at a time :) Happy reading. thanks for stopping by all we have is stories. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was so nice of Cecy to give you a copy. I really hope you enjoy the book. Nice haul indeed.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the font treatment for The Cursed Embrace! The cover is pretty cool! I've never heard of it, but I'm glad you have it! Your other commentors (is that a word?!) seem pretty excited about it! I hope you enjoy it, and all of your books :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    P.S. LOOK AT ME REMEMBERING TO COMMENT ON YOUR POST :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes the slow weeks are the best ones. I definitely need a slow week to come up soon. I hope you enjoy The Cursed Embrace!!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohmygoodness... love love LOVE The Big Bang Theory!!! I have a slight crush on Leonard... <3 Hope you enjoy your goodies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, I'm looking to start Embrace this week! So looking forward to it. Must have been cool to meet her and other authors at RT. Maybe One day I'll get there. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only recently heard about the Cecy Robson series and it sounds great!

    Loving your bookmarks.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm starting to get into Bookmarks more. I still lose them easily but at least I'm trying now. I just ordered some for the blog. I'm so happy with how they came out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the BBT!! So jealous of the book mark! Love the cover of the Cursed Embrace too!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! I love these bookmarks, especially the Sheldon one! Enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't stand bent corners in books either. Sometimes I try to use bookmarks, but it usually doesn't happen that often. I end up trying to remember what page I'm on.

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOMENESS ! i love the book marks ! the Sheldon one is sooo funny! i need a cute book mark!!! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a soft kitty bookmark and a sheldon bookmark that says bazinga. The pictures are http://books-a-holics.blogspot.com/2013/05/between-rock-and-hard-place.html on that post somewhere lol. Where did you get yours from? I am a complete weirdo when it comes to anything BBT =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those bookmarks are great. I have never heard of that novel before but I hope you love it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!