Jun 25, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

I have no idea what I am currently reading since I am still away on vacation. Possibly one of my graphic novels. But since I finished reading my book before leaving and didn't want to get into another before leaving I started reading some of fairy tales from Hans since I've had this book forever and have yet to crack it open! Here's a tease from The Little Mermaid.

Which was fun reading since I haven't read it in years. Can see where Disney got some influences and wow, this tale was pretty dark. Guess the Grimm bros weren't the only ones writing the scary fairy tales!
 
"'There's your draft,' said the witch. And she cut off the tongue of the little mermaid, who was now dumb and could neither sing nor talk." p. 59
















TITLE: The Little Mermaid (Hans Christian Andersen: The Complete Fairy Tales and Stories)
AUTHOR: Hans Christian Andersen
PUBLISHER: Barnes & Noble, Inc., by arrangement with Worth Press Ltd.
GENRE: Fairy Tales
RELEASE DATE: September 25, 2010




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013


*in no particular order 


I'm linking the titles up to my reviews, be forewarned some of the ones from earlier this year still have some coloring and formatting from my old design. I didn't feel like going through everything and changing it all. It'll just be the titles and linky things like that, not the review itself!












































6 comments:

  1. Woah!! Cut off the tongue!! Yikes!

    And great top 10 girl, I've read half of them and must agree!!

    Here's My Tease!!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great on both counts! I'm doing a mermaid Summer Reading Challenge so I'm reading lots of mermaid lit. I started with the HCAnderson version of The Little Mermaid. Also great TTT list. I really need to try to read me some Armentrout before the end of the year. :D Happy Tuesday!
    My TT
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I actually still haven't read any of these, but they're all on my TBR.

    My TTT

    And I love the teaser :) I actually still haven't read The Little Mermaid, at least not as far as I remember ;) I used to read a lot from HCA when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tease! Also the list of books read in 2013 is excellent! I agree with the ones that I have read on there for sure :D Here is my TT. Old Follower! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! That sounds a bit cruel. Cutting out someone's tongue.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!