Jun 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




Merit has been a vampire for only a short while, but she’s already seen a lifetime’s worth of trouble. She and her Master, centuries-old Ethan Sullivan, have risked their lives time and again to save the city they love. But not all of Chicago is loving them back.

Anti-vampire riots are erupting all over town, striking vampires where it hurts the most. A splinter group armed with Molotov cocktails and deep-seated hate is intent on clearing the fanged from the Windy City come hell or high water.

Merit and her allies rush to figure out who’s behind the attacks, who will be targeted next, and whether there’s any way to stop the wanton destruction. The battle for Chicago is just beginning, and Merit is running out of time.




Cannot wait to read more in this series! The covers just keep getting more amazing too I think!

TITLE: Biting Bad
AUTHOR: Chloe Neill
PUBLISHER: NAL Penguin
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 6, 2013

 


Grave Visions by Kalayna Price is the much-anticipated fourth installment in the kick-ass urban fantasy series about Alex Craft, a grave witch who can communicate with the dead.

If you want to hear voices from the dead in Nekros City, you call Alex Craft. She's a Grave Witch with reasonable rates and extraordinary powers, who specializes in revealing the secrets of the dead. But now she's the one fighting to keep her own secret. She's not human — and her newly discovered heritage is causing havoc for her both in the human realm and in Faerie. But her status as an unaffiliated fae also makes her an ideal candidate to investigate a new street drug that has surfaced in several of the spaces between the human and fae worlds.

This glamour-infused drug causes hallucinations that turn real — at least for a while and often with deadly consequences. Searching for the source of this drug — and its purpose — lands Alex front and center in the conflict brewing in Faerie and she must find answers before she's dragged so deep she loses her freedom.
 


Still a book behind in this series but I do truly love Kalayna's books! Still eagerly awaiting the third book in her other series though.


TITLE: Grave Visions
AUTHOR: Kalayna Price

PUBLISHER: Roc
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 6, 2013




 

29 comments:

  1. Ooh, great picks! I really need to start reading the Chicagoland series :) Soon, I keep on telling myself. I think it would be really awesome to have weapons like the girls have in the covers (although I would be afraid to touch them much less fight with them)

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Emily @ Reader Rising

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biting Bad's synopsis sounds eerily close to an Anita Blake novel now!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll enjoy the sequels if you're such a fan of the series! =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are new to me - both have great covers! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! 2 great choices!! I have signed copies of the first 6 books in the Chicagoland Vampires series... am looking forward to jumping into it! And I've been wanting to read the Alex Craft series for a while.

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound great! =D
    Thanks for stopping my blog!

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of either series. I like the sound of the Chicagoland Vampires though. I'll have to check that series out further.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeeeep!!!! I was so close to doing Chicagoland this week and then I saw Reaver and got distracted... And holy crap I'm so behind Grave Witch!!! I love her!! UGH and there's a new one :) Must put down the ARCs!!!!

    And forgive me, I'm on my iPad this am so I don't have the patience to link in my wow - no worries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of either of these, but both of the premises sound absolutely fantastic! Wonderful choices, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of either of these Great WoW picks!!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't read either author, but both series look interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool picks. Thanks for sharing.

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not really a vampire fan...but I love your blog; lol. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of either of these, but I hope you enjoy them when you get the chance to read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both great picks! I still need to start them both, but they're on my must-read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've been meaning to pick up the series by chloe o'neill. it sounds fantastic :)

    check out my WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep meaning to start the Chicagoland Vampires series. It looks really good. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh badass looking covers! I've gotta start reading them sometime soon. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'v been meaning to start the Chloe Neill series forever. There are so many books in the series already I need to get started. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very excited for Biting Bad!! Chicagoland Vampires series is one of my absolute favorites. Great pick!!
    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Biting Bad sounds really fun and entertaining! Grave Visions seems pretty cool too.

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    Angie @ YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these are new to me, but I love the covers. I hope you enjoy reading them. Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't heard of either of these. They both look really good! Thanks for visiting!

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will forever love vampire books. Both of these sound fantastic. Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful picks! I love the Chicagoland Vamp series but need to play catch-up ;)

    Thank-you for stopping by my WoW 

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  26. You don't have any YA picks this week? No fair! :) Those look nice though!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both books look good. Thanks for sharing and always visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great picks! I just caugh tup on the Kate Daniels series so Chicagoland is on my next UF list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!