Sep 5, 2013

Follow Friday


This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.


Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: Bookshelf Tour. Give us a tour of your bookshelf.


MY ANSWER:

Okay so here on the left is one shelf and to the very var right, next to the DVD stand is one small TBR pile! This shelf holds authors last name that begins with B-H!

The second photo showcases the rest of the bookshelves in my room. There's one that is identical to the first that has authors H-K. The narrow bookcase has authors K-P. Then the tall bookcase that's my pride and joy because it's made of really nice wood and has six shelves has authors P-W!

And as you can somewhat see, my shelves are decorated with picture frames, a Pascal that came with the Tangled DVD!,  some teeny tiny sculptures from my overseas trip to Greece and Italy, that's on the first shelf in the second picture. There are other little items but are harder to see. Jessie sits on the big shelf that you can see right next to a signed poster of Dearly, Departed from Lia Habel!

And oh yeah, The Big Bang Theory was on TV at the time of these pics! You can also see more of my TBR mountain in that second pic too!

Now we movie to the closet shelves!! Yes, I have a bookcase shoved into my closet! This one (left pic) has authors A-C.

Then the photo on the right has many, many books that I loved but aren't on my shelves due to space constraints. These are a variety of series that are completed, most of them old. A few ARCs that I kept because they were among my firsts or are signed. Just a variety of mish mash reads basically! And oh yeah, in the corner of the pic you'll see my stuffed Gingy! Got that at Universal Studios nearly 10 years ago on my last trip there!









30 comments:

  1. Awesome shelves.. I personally love the bookcase in the closet, I've done that before.

    Old follower. My Feature Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelves are amazing. I really need to get mine sorted.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact you can only fit A-C on one bookshelf is really impressive! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Jessica! But you have some that look familiar to what mine are doing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Old follower.

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog

    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have closet bookshelves too! Strange thing is...they're the neatest of the bunch. Probably because those are exclusively mine so hubby doesn't rifle through them. Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower.

    Kimber Leigh @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that booklovers have books stashed and stuffed everywhere! Love your shelves and the decorations too, Jessica! It look like you have a great collection.

    Thanks for hopping by my blog ~ Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW So many books! and nicely organized :)

    Old follower
    Have a great friday

    Michelle@Because reading is better than real life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo such beautiful shelves ;) Can you come help me put together some LOL. Happy Friday. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is a lot of books. I'm so jealous of your space :0)

    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.
    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool collection. I love your shelves. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Friday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/feature-and-follow-63.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I need a bookshelf in my closet

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice bookshelves, Jessica :)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier. Have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm somehow not surprised that you have LOTS of books! The only problem with alphabetizing is that when you get a new book from early in the alphabet, you have to shift ALL of your books. How do you manage? :-)

    Old follower, of course.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice shelving, you're more organized than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aah,I love your bookshelves, it looks so organised! Some of my shelves used to be double stacked or had books piling in front of the actual shelves. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. those shelves look expensive. I like how they have little legs to keep them off the ground though! Sadly mine are either built into the wall wear I live or just a cheap one I bought :(

    Old follower!

    Here's My FF

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a lot of books! I love it :)Old follower.

    My FF:)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shelves! I wish I had so many physical books! Great pics!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the shelves! Especially love the overflowing stacks - the sign of a true book addict :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    old follower

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so envious of all your shelf space - and I love that you're still out of space LOL sign of a true book lover - they have books in their closet taking up valuable shoe/purse space! I wish I were so organized too - all alphabetical and everything. That would last for a week tops over here!

    Old follower:-)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are awesome pictures- love them!

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my post earlier.

    Happy reading and have a great weekend!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heavens, can you please invite me to your home so I can personally admire your beauties? :D

    Thanks for stopping by my Thoughts and Pens FF.

    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great collection : )

    old follower. Here is my Follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  24. We have the same color book shelves awesome and like me you have book on the floor. Thanks for sharing Jess.

    http://sonythebooklover.com/2013/09/in-my-mailbox-46/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great Shelves. See...this is the reason I switched to buying mostly ebooks now. I haven't got enough room in my house for that many books. If I had all the books on my iPad as physical books as well as the ones i've already got I'd be having to make furniture out of them all lol. Thanks for sharing.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, that's some serious organization! I need to work on my shelves some more. I keep saying soon, and it really will be soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow, I love your shelves.
    Visiting back for FF,old follower

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your shelves! They totally rock! Neat and organized. :D

    Old follower. Thanks so much for stopping by my My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! I love all your books!! My library looks small in comparison!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!