Sep 19, 2013

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
 
 
This week's question is: What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid? If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Oh tough one. Well...I don't remember a lot of picture books. But some books that I remember being read to as a kid were Disney books, the big kind with bright colorful pages that basically tells the Disney tale.


The Berenstain Bears collection was another fave! I have a ton of these books in my kid books box!
 
 
Of course another fave of mine that was quite popular in the elementary school library was Rainbow Fish!

I never read more than the first book because the rest just didn't make it onto my radar until I was a teenager!

And of course another beloved book that I checked out endlessly and was finally rewarded my own copy years later--for memories' sake--was The Random House Book of Fairy Tales!

It was fun book of mixed fairy tales and the illustrations were gorgeous! Still have my copy somewhere in my collection of children's books! For the most part, the Grimm fairy tales stayed true to their Grimm origins. At least with Snow White, the Queen attempted to kill her with the corset, then the comb and finally the poisoned apple!


What were some of your faves?




26 comments:

  1. Oh nice. I have watched all the Disney movies but I haven't read a single book. :/

    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/09/feature-and-follow-25-childrens-books.html

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't find many fairy tale books that stay true to the original stories - I didn't even know those things happened in Snow White! Thanks for stopping by my FFF!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. I like these too :)

    Happy Friday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/feature-and-follow-65.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest daughter would love that fish book! Great choices. Happy Friday!

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great chioces. I had that Berenstain book and Rainbow Fish is awesome. they made a cartoon with Rainbow Fish and my kids used to watch it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for rainbow fish!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that put that book this week!

    old follower :)

    Here's my FF

    Amber@Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't read tons of Disney books as a kid, but gotta love those Berenstein Bears! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fairy tales pick. I AM A HUGE Fairy Tale love and I love them twisted and retold

    Thanks for stopping by

    Old follower ;)

    PS your current read looks fun. I love the cover. Going to check that series out (my TBR list thanks you) :)

    Michelle
    Because reading is better than real life
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, the Berenstain Bears were favorites at my house, too. And Rainbow Fish!

    Happy Friday, Jessica! I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauty and the Beast is a classic! Great choice!
    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.
    Old Follower :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read lots of fairytales as well :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigod The Rainbow Fish!! We have that one, too. So beautiful. Love the Berenstain Bears!! I swear we have almost all of them. ;)

    Thanks so much for stopping by My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen a lot of people feature the Bernstein Bears today! Good choices, for sure! New Twitter follower! Check out my answer at
    Daily Mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you mentioned Disney books! YAY. :) I, of course, loved them.

    Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

    Have a super weekend.

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog

    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember now I read and watch Beaty and the beast. Back then I remember I watch again,again and again all day :D

    Thanks dor stopping by my blog :D

    http://bookerlikeahooker.blogspot.com/2013/09/feature-and-follow-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still love the Bear Family! They were a huge part of my own family as well! Great picks! And I can't believe I forgot Rainbow Fish!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Beauty and the Beast. And the Rainbow Fish... I forgot about that one too.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh those sound so much of fun. I'll keep it in mind for if and when I have kids. :P

    Thank you for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading and have a nice weekend!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Beauty and the Beast!Excellent choice!

    old follower!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ TwinjabookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! I own that exact edition of Beauty and the Beast!! The drawings are great, I used to treasure that book. Ah, Memories :) Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks! I remember those books! Old follower, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember all of those too!! Nice choices!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow,great picks,beauty and the beast is the best. visiting back for FF

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww I just love Beauty and the Beast!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. :0)

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read ALL those Disney books, but forgot about Rainbow Fish till I started seeing it on everyone's lists this week! :) Thanks for stopping by my FF, old follower!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!