Sep 4, 2013

Review--Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?


Hot Damn! Jennifer L. Armentrout seriously never ceases to amaze me with her awesome books! Origin is definitely among them and probably rating at the top since it's the most current one! But OMG how I love this series!

So we were all left screaming profanities at the end of Opal and luckily, Origin picks up right where we left off. Kat is in the hands of Daedalus being subjected to torture of various kinds. Daemon is right all f---ing p'oed too! He will get Kat back at any cost come hell or high water. If Daedalus had any brains, they'd hand Kat back with a "so-sorry" attached. But then, where would our story be?

Our story actually has Daemon handing himself over to Daedalus so he can be there with Katy. Prior to, he made a stop at Luc's place and ran into our favorite Arum! Was happy to see this encounter again through Daemon's eyes! Total fun! Sadly, it seems Hunter was still in the midst of his own problems, so there was no teaming up yet. I say yet out of pure hopefulness, not out of anything concrete and known.

Luc tells Daemon that when he turns himself in, to find this thing called LH-11. The chemical/potion/whatever you want to call it that Daedalus is monkeying around with to basically make the world a better place--said in an overly sarcastic tone. Luc also has an inside man who can help them with their escape, and I so peg this person.

That about covers the first half of the book, then comes the escape and a whole helluva lot of action! Kat and Daemon team up with Dawson, Dee, Beth, Luc, Paris, Ash, Andrew and Matthew. Left and right, stuff keeps happening. Danger is at every turn, enemies lie among them, closer than they group thinks. There's a totally epic showdown at the end and not everyone survives--and this totally took me by surprise!

The final-final ending is in cliffhanger territory. I wouldn't say it was of Opal standards, but it was pretty HOLY-CRAP-WHAT-IS-GOING-TO-HAPPEN-NEXT?!-CAN-I-HAVE-THE-NEXT-BOOK-SOON? kind of standards. Note that was asking for the next book, not demanding it like I was after Opal! ;)

Luckily there are still some nice downtime moments in between all the crazy crap happening in Daemon and Kat's lives. I truly, truly love Daemon! If there was ever a YA hero I loved more, I really can't remember his name! Daemon has the best sense of humor ever and since we get to be inside of his mind and Kat's this time around for the story-telling, I was pretty much in heaven! You seem to get a better understanding of Daemon when being inside of his head. It's not all crude either as his winning personality lends you to believe. He really is freaking awesome!

I can't believe how fast this series has gone by for me. Took me too long to read Obsidian, but once I did, I was freaking hooked! Although the one thing I was saddened by in this installment was that Kat didn't have her blog. She didn't have time for it with being kidnapped and running for her life. She even mentions missing it and her books. Although, Jen doesn't disappoint by throwing us two little shoutouts to other YA reads! If only I could pinpoint what one of them was...there are so many in the category mentioned...

If you haven't read the Lux books yet, I HIGHLY recommend them! Daemon starts out as a total douche, but you love him in the end! Especially by the second read! The Lux books are also the perfect read for us bloggers because how often do we get to see a heroine who has her own book blog and loves to read paranormal books? Kat is sooo my BFF in book friends! And of course Daemon is my number 1 YA book boyfriend!

So yes, this series is freaking incredible beyond epic proportions! Words simply cannot do the series justice in describing its awesomeness--much like Daemon himself!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars


 


3 comments:

  1. Whoaaa that sounds awesome!! Great review girl, definitely gonna have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome girl!! So glad you loved it...I saw how much you were anticipating it xD I LOVE THIS SERIES *swoon*
    Happy reading
    Jackie

    nobentspines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! This one was THE BEST in the series thus far! I am anxious to see what Jennifer has in store for us next!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!