Sep 10, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

Okay, it's rule breaking time!! I had four teasers lined up--all over 2 lines, so quadruple the rule breaking--and I've successfully...possibly...maybe...okay, I did narrow it down to two three (yes, I read more and found another!) teasers!

"'And I was changing for my benefit, not yours.' I gestured grandly toward the room. 'The stage is yours, my friend.'

'I don't know what you expect me to do.'

I sat down on the bed and mirrored his posture. 'I expect you to take it off, and I expect you to shake it. In that order.'" p 162


"'Sometimes you make me swoon.'

'If it's only sometimes, I'm not doing my job adequately.'" p 170


"'Maybe, if you're very good, I'll bring back dinner.'

Ethan smiled wickedly and pressed a hard kiss to my lops. 'I'm rarely good, Merit. But I'm often spectacular.' 

He winkled and shut the door, and disappeared back into the House." p 258




TITLE: Biting Bad
AUTHOR: Chloe Neill
PUBLISHER: NAL Penguin
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 6, 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love.) 


*in no particular order


1. WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD SERIES
By Kelley Armstrong

It's happening in Canada, at least Bitten is. But not sure what that means for the US. While I'd LOVE to see the entire series transformed into a TV show or movie, I'd settled for the first book! Really hope it becomes available in US at some point in the very near future!



2. FEVER SERIES
By Karen Marie Moning

 Ohhhh, now this would be a killer series to watch! Lots of action, romance, suspense and all sorts of weird fae creatures!!



3. STUDY TRILOGY
by Maria V. Snyder

I have to put this one in here as well! Another awesome series! All the magic that's used would be awesome to see! Plus the action, romance and of course the comedy brought on by Janco!!




4. THE IRON FEY CHRONICLES
by Julie Kagawa

Oh how I loved this series! I guess focusing on Meghan's story. Ethan's is still too new just yet. This was an incredible series!



5. GEORGINA KINCAID SERIES
by Richelle Mead

This would make a great television series I think. One of the 1-hour ones! It was just another killer series that I totally enjoyed!



6. THE HOLLOWS SERIES
by Kim Harrison

We were so close to having a TV show, but alas, CW passed! This would make a great TV series I think! Hopefully another network will see the awesomeness in it!



7. CHARLEY DAVIDSON SERIES
by Darynda Jones

Ohhhh this sooooo needs to be a TV series I think! It's freaking hilarious, because Charley just rocks! Reyes is insanely HOT! And there's always a killer mystery, plus ghosts!! What more could you want?!




8. GHOST HUNTER MYSTERY SERIES
by Victoria Laurie

Speaking of good ghostly mysteries...this is another series that would make a good TV series! A nice creepy one too! When the ghosts showed up in some of these early books, it was scary since M.J. was on her own once Gilley ran screaming the other way!



9. JANE TRUE SERIES
by Nicole Peeler

Another series that would likely be good for TV! It was another one that always made me laugh because the characters were so awesome! Plus there was always some weird happenings going on!




10. NIGHT HUNTRESS SERIES
by Jeaniene Frost

Probably one of the only ones that I think a movie lineup would be better! Only because these books were soooo kickass and awesome, that I would rather see them in full length then breaking up 1 book for 1 season. Of course, they would HAVE to cast the characters right! Not sure who I would pick for Cat and Bones, possibly newbies because this series was just so freaking awesome that it would need the best actors and lookalikes available!




29 comments:

  1. Awesome teaser, Jessica, and I really like your Top Ten!
    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe The Iron King didn't cross my mind! I should've added to my list. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those teasers! The second one was particularly good and...Well, LOL! :P
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Now, I want to read Biting Bad! I was hesitating a little, but wicked Ethan teases had an effect on me ;) Thanks for sharing, Jessica! Happy reading :)


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start Chloe Neill's series! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Teaser! I will totally mark this one for my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! Here is mine! http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/09/teaser-tuesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay~ so you teaser may have convinced me to continue on in the Chloe Neill series. Great picks!

    I like your picks for being made into a movie/tv show. Several of those series I have yet to start.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice teasers LOL... Chicago and vampires sound slike a good combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The teasers were fun- very mischievous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute teasers! I've never read anything by Chloe Neill, but I like how these sound.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe! I really need to read Biting Bad. That's where I left off at. They're great books, and your top 10 is good too. The Fever Series is one of my favorite series. I'd love to see it brought to the big screen.

    Old follower!

    Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Succubus Blues so much! It would definitely have to be on HBO or something though so it could be as racy as it wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the teaser :) I'm working up to that book in the series.
    Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see the Iron Fey series as a movie or tv show as well! And the teasers you posted are awesome. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree about The Study Trilogy! And I think Georgia Kincaid would be great, I love Lost Girl which is similar.

    Katy @ a blighted one


    ReplyDelete
  16. Good teases!! Definitely makes me want to check this book out =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bitten, in Canada!! Wow, glad I'm Canadian lol. Great list. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really should read this series. Great, fun teasers. Thanks for sharing.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to start this authors books. Yep. Sounds like an amazing read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many on your list that I really need to read. I really enjoyed the teaser too. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great teasers, Jessica, and nice choices for the Top Ten picks. I'd love to go see all those movies.

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    Happy reading, and have a great week ahead! :)

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just finished Drink Deep in the Chicagoland series..... looking forward to getting my hands on the next book. They are great teasers!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the shake it tease LOL! Plus, great picks on the tv/movies. Hollows, Cat and Bones, Iron Fey and Fever Series especially :D Have a great day!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I LOVVVED Iron King, that would make an awesome TV Show!
    Great pick and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE this top ten! They'd make such awesome (really in-depth) movies!

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  26. Decadent teaser, Jessica! Love your top 10 and definitely agree with some of them...particularly TIF! ;)

    http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!