Sep 7, 2013

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.


Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: Popular Books That Don't Attract Me!


*in no particular order


Please note, these are reads that don't attract me, they're just not my kind of read. But I in no way begrudge people who love and enjoy them!



PUSHING THE LIMITS

This is one series I see a lot of bloggers enjoying. But for me, it's just not my cup of tea. I don't really care for contemporaries anymore. 



LUNAR CHRONICLES

Another series that a lot of people seem to like! I read the first one, but I just didn't get into it as much as I had hoped I would.



THE HUNGER GAMES

A very popular series, even being made into movies. And yet, it was one that just didn't garner my attention or interest all that much.



THRONE OF GLASS

A series that seemed to get popular even before it released with its relation to Throne of Games. It just didn't really sound like my kind of read in some ways. Although I was curious in the beginning. But after reading a few reviews, I just could tell it wouldn't be one I would enjoy.



THE SELECTION

A round of YA picks since I couldn't think of adult books! I know there are some, but I just couldn't think of any! This is another series I see a lot of! I admit to loving the covers, but once I read what it was about, I just didn't find anything that really grabbed at my attention.




4 comments:

  1. Cinder wasn't my cup of tea either. I want to read The Selection though. I loved Pushing the Limits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Im not really into comteporaries either... only Thrillers hehe

    Hunger Games is fantastic... but I understand hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? The Hunger Games!? *sad face*

    I agree about The Selection and Throne of Glass. I have snagged both from the library multiple times and never cracked them open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually got totally hooked on the Lunar Chronicles with the 2nd book Scarlet. I mean, I loved Cinder, but it was a little bit too sweet for me, but Scarlet was what did it to me, it was so much more, so yeah, I'm dying to read the next book.
    As for Throne of Glass, it's nothing like Game of Thrones, and to be honest, I was a little bit reluctant about it before I read it, but it was a great & surprising read, with potential to become an amazing series, and after I read the 4 prequels, too, I got really hooked, although I'm yet to read the 2nd book, but I've heard it's actually better.
    As for the others, I loved The Hunger Games when I read them, but looking back, I'm pretty sure I'll lower my rating if I read them again, especially the last book, so that's why I don't reread them. I actually still haven't seen the movie, too, I guess I lost interest long ago.
    And yeah, I totally agree about The Selection, as for Pushing the Limits, although I still read contemporary now & then, I've been reluctant about reading this one, but I still think I will probably try it some time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!