Sep 28, 2013

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.


Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: Biggest Book Turn-offs {Within the Book or Real Life e.g. Author Behavior}


*in no particular order


TSTL CHARACTERS

 You know when you have that heroine or any character really, who is just too stupid to live sometimes? They make incredibly dumb choices and I have to stop and slap my head or roll my eyes because I am thinking, really?! You did that?! Or something like that!



INSTA-LOVE

We've all seen it. And you either love it or hate it. I'm more on the hate side. I can tolerate it, but generally I do not like insta-love. The only time I find it acceptable is in the fairy tales and Disney of course.



LOVE TRIANGLES

These are usually another eye-roller. Sometimes I feel like they're in the book just to have the heroine have to make a choice. For the readers to pick their team and all that what not. I find them irritating.



MISLEADING COVERS

So I couldn't think of a particular example, but what kind of nags at me is when you see a cover and the picture or generally cover model is nothing at all like the character in the book. Like you would see a leather-clad vixen hold knives or something else over the top and the heroine is really more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal!



ARROGANT HEROES

It doesn't even have to be the hero either really. I can stand arrogance. It really makes me want to bop that particular character upside the head when he/she is being like that. It's not a trait I care for in people IRL, so I don't care for it in my fictional characters either!




1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with everything! Love triangles and main characters annoy me so much! Great post and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!