Sep 1, 2013

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


OMG! I had the best STS ever!!

Look at the top! Look at the top!! Origin came 4 days early!!!! Eek!! Plus two other of my books I ordered from Amazon went on sale after I preordered them all so I got refunded some cash

When I saw the brown box sitting on the porch yesterday afternoon, I told myself not to get too excited. I approached it slowly. Looked down, saw my name, saw Amazon, and practically shrieked with joy and started ripping at the box right there on the porch and dug to the bottom to find Daemon waiting for me! Yes, I had me a happy moment yesterday!

So last week I bought:






Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hearts in Darkness by Keri Arthur--a keeper copy with the new cover!
The Liberator by Victoria Scott
Hourglass by Myra McEntire--already read, reviewed, and loved, book 2 is on its way!
Blood Bond by Jeanne C. Stein
Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder--a keeper copy with the new MM paperback cover! See review from original release here.
Elegy by Tara Hudson--a keeper copy since I am trying to go to a signing next week. See review from original release here.
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter--a keeper copy since I have the ARC*. See review from original release here.
Terminated by Rachel Caine


So from all those books I have added only 4 to my actual TBR pile!



*And check out the reason why I bought Alice in Zombieland in its new paperback format, look at the very bottom of the list!



I was quoted!! I was initially quoted before Alice in Zombieland's release, but the hardcover didn't have this page of praises, so when I saw the paperback I decided to see if maybe it had them and it DID! This was the first time I saw my name in print! At least when I initially thought it would be in print at the time of the hardcover release. So basically this is my first quote! :D


And that was what I got this week! A very happy week, if I do say so myself! What did you get?



28 comments:

  1. Nice haul! And that's so cool! I would love to see a quote from my review in the book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANJNDJHSBFMN YOU GOT QUOTED! I never have but i really want to be some day! Great haul. :)

    http://itwaslovelyreadingyou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting quoted! That is freaking awesome and soooo deserved! ^.^ Enjoy your haul and all the Daemon-y goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I ordered Origin when it came out but Amazon seem to be having difficulty getting a hold on it themselves so hopefully I should have it next week. Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting quoted. I love seeing bloggers get quoted. You definitely got a lot of books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that someone else buys keeper copies of ARCs they love. I do that often. Congrats on being quoted. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul. I'm enjoying Rachel Caine's Revivalist series. Need to get to Terminated soon.

    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool haul. Enjoy your new additions :)

    Happy reading!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! That's plenty of books, Jessica. I hope you still have time to sleep. Lalalala. I haven't read any Armentrout's books but I've heard that she's good.

    Happy reading!


    Thoughts and Pens STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool news of being quoted! That's one of my long term blogging goals! Congrats to you! And I'm about to start The Collector soon so The Liberator looks very interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's too cool to be listed in a book - I'd have to own at least 1 copy. Maybe give a few out lol!

    I have Hearts of Darkness on my TBR too - I'm currently reading the first book in that series. I'm having a hard time getting into it, but I think it's more because I'm so exhausted by time I get to sit down and read than the book itself. I'm going to try and give it some quality time today BEFORE bed time!

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by :-) Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by - best of luck with your new additions . . . and congrats on being quoted!

    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome you were quoted!! Such fun!!! Enjoy your haul Jessica and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Origin and hope that you do too

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see The Liberator :3 CONGRATS on being quotes! That's so cool!!
    Happy reading
    Jackie

    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the quote! Wooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS ON THE QUOTE! So exciting! I love that book too. I still haven't bought my own copy yet. Hourglass was good too. Excellent stack this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow girl!! Congrats on the quote!! That is so exciting!! Hope you love the Liberator! And I can't wait to read Origin, hope you enjoy it. Great haul!

    Here's My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so awesome that you were quoted! I need to read that book sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so cool that you got quoted! Awesome haul this week as well!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved Origin and The Liberator! Hoping to read Elegy and Alice in Zombieland soon. Congrats on getting quoted! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many wonderful books and congrats for the quote, it's awesome! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got Origin!! I've heard great things about The Liberator and Hourglass; hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Jessica! This is seriously a freaking epic haul! I also got Origin yesterday and had JLA sign it! And I got Hourglass by Myra signed too! I love that series! And YAY for The Liberator! I hope you love it!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You got quoted! That's awesome! I loved Alice in Zombieland. I also loved Hourglass. I got Origin too. Still need The Liberator and I loved The Collector.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on being quoted and an awesome week of books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome, congrats on being quoted!
    Enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahhh I still need to buy my copy of The Liberator!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!