Sep 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Instead of the deadly force it once was, magic is now a useless novelty. But not for Shame Flynn and Terric Conley, “breakers” who have the gift for reverting magic back to its full-throttle power. In the magic-dense city of Portland, Oregon, keeping a low profile means keeping their gifts quiet. After three years of dealing with disgruntled magic users, Shame and Terric have had enough of politics, petty magic, and, frankly, each other. It’s time to call it quits.

When the government discovers the breakers’ secret—and its potential as a weapon—Shame and Terric suddenly become wanted men, the only ones who can stop the deadly gift from landing in the wrong hands. If only a pair of those wrong hands didn’t belong to a drop-dead-gorgeous assassin Shame is falling for as if it were the end of the world. And if he gets too close to her, it very well could be....



Eager for Devon's new series, a spinoff to Allie's! Can't wait to see Shame and Terric in action!

TITLE: Hell Bent
AUTHOR: Devon Monk
PUBLISHER: Roc
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: November 5, 2013





Xandra Vardan thought life would be simpler when she accepted the goblin crown and became their queen, but life has only become more complicated. Everyone -- vampires, werewolves and humans -- wants the goblins on their side, because whoever has the goblins -- wins.

Queen Victoria wants her head, Alpha wolf Vex wants her heart, and she still doesn't know the identity of the person who wanted her blood. What she does know is that a project from one of the 'secret' aristocrat labs has gotten free and she's the only one who can stop the perfect killing machine -- a sixteen year-old girl. With human zealots intent on ridding the world of anyone with plagued blood and supernatural politics taking Britain to the verge of civil war, Xandra's finding out that being queen isn't all it's cracked up to be, and if she doesn't do something fast, hers will be the shortest reign in history.


Still 1 book behind in this series, but I very much enjoyed the first one! Would like to be caught up by the time this one releases, but not sure how likely that is to happen!

TITLE: Long Live the Queen
AUTHOR: Kate Locke
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Paranormal Steampunk
RELEASE DATE: November 12, 2013




27 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this series before, but I'll definitely have to look into it :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've heard of both series, but the second one looks great. :)

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these but sounds good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of these series, but they sound good!

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both excellent WOW choices. I'm definitely looking forward to reading them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound awesome and the covers are so much fun. Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sound pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-65-second-chances.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of either of these before. Hell Bent actually sounds like an Urban Fantasy I could get into and I just love the cover for Long Live the Queen. Nice picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like the look of Long Live the Queen. Enjoy! And here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover for Long Live the Queen. I still need to read the second book in that Kate Locke series. Fabulous WOW picks.

    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both books sound awesome but I'm more interested in Hell Bent. I hope you enjoy reading them when they come out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. not my kind of reads but they look cool and action packed. hope you get them soon. thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I like the cover for the second book! I may have to check it out. ;) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These both look like great urban fantasy reads, very interesting.
    Gotta love Inigo Montoya :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome picks Jessica, these were new to me but look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both new reads to me. I hope you enjoy them.

    Thanks so much for stopping by YA Book Addict

    Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of either of these! But I hope you enjoy them :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both to me. Two cute covers!! I know it's weird that I called them "cute", but for some reason that's the first word that popped into my head! :P Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of either of these but I do hope you like them when you get a chance to read them! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these are new to me but Long Live the Queen looks and sounds really good! Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes!! Hell bent!! I love Devon Monk! Awesome choice!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hell Bent looks really good. I love reading books with male leads and the premise looks promising. Thank you so much for sharing!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hell Bent sounds really good. I love the cover for Long Live The Queen (I like the covers for the whole series.) Thanks for stopping by! (Are you surprised I'm here? Yay! Your blog finally opened on my tablet.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great picks this week, Jessica! Hope you enjoy the books.

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both are new to me! Very interesting. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need to check out the series that Long Live the Queen is part of - I'm unfamiliar with it, but the synopsis is great and I love the cover. So glad you shared! Good luck getting caught up in time for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks, I've heard great things about these, they're on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!