Dec 24, 2021

End of the Year Freak Out Tag

 

So I saw this tag over at Lili Lost in a Book and I know I've done the mid-year ones and I did a similar tag of this last year and decided to do it again! I also borrowed the above image from Liliana as I love the purple colors! The hard part about this will be picking favorites and what not and since I still have 8 days of reading this year, these picks will just be based on what I've read to date!


BEST BOOKS I'VE READ SINCE JULY

I limited myself to three and obviously Once Upon a Broken Heart made my list! I also loooved Kingdom of the Cursed, and Burden Falls was a spooky delight!



BEST SEQUEL I'VE READ SINCE JULY

Definitely Kingdom of the Cursed!



NEW RELEASES I HAVEN'T READ BUT WANT TO

DYING to read Shadow of Light, I adored the first book! Horseman sounds super creepy and intriguing and Where Echoes Lie is another thriller that caught my eye!



BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS

Finally read The Kingdom of Back and was just so disappointed with it. I guess I was going in hoping more for a dark fantasy read but it was more a historical fiction kind of read with light fantasy elements. Then The Woods Are Always Watching was another bit of a letdown as for a short book, half of it was mundane normalcy with the other half being more thriller like.



BIGGEST SURPRISE

I really enjoyed Burden Falls! There was a great combination of ghostly elements and mystery ones too!



FAVORITE NEW AUTHORS

I really enjoyed Dark and Shallow Lies, so Ginny Myers Sain is definitely on my authors to watch list! I did a lot of TBR reading this year and reading new books from already favorite authors!



BOOKS THAT MADE ME CRY

I can't say that I cried in Gods & Monsters, but I came pretty darn close!



BOOKS THAT MADE ME HAPPY

Obviously Once Upon a Broken Heart made me very happy!



MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS FOR THE FIRST HALF OF 2022

Definitely excited for The Other Half of the Grave, I'm not much of a serial reader, I like to wait for the book to be whole and complete before I read it. Court was one I was looking forward to this year twice over, so let's hope February is sticking!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!