Dec 7, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

As I write this post, I'm still reading this book and just decided to share another teaser from it. I either finished it already or am very close to at this point!

 

"The Goddess's eyes meet Griffin's, and he goes very still. I don't like the awe-struck look on his face, or the way his tanned cheeks color in the least. It takes all my willpower to not jump on his back, wrap my arms and legs around him, and snarl 'mine, mine' like some kind of crazed octopus.

Quardropus.

Whatever." p 274


 

 

 

 

TITLE: Breath of Fire
AUTHOR: Amanda Bouchet

PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Casablanca
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 3, 2017


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: FREEBIE: Top Ten Books With Places on Them

 

*in no particular order
**I remember seeing this one in a past freebie week and thought it would be fun to do! It was actually a little more challenging, I usually have people or things on my covers, but rarely places!



10. WARRIOR OF THE WILD by Tricia Levenseller--I mean it focuses on the blade, but the mountains are behind it!
9. HELLWORLD by Tom Leveen--some people, but also an open abandon road, creepy!
8. HUNTING PRINCE DRACULA by Kerri Maniscalco--a person, yes, but in her skirt...Dracula's castle!!




7. THE MADNESS UNDERNEATH by Maureen Johnson--the streets of London
6. TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU by Claudia Gray--versions of Paris in alternate dimensions!
5. THE FEVER CODE by James Dashner--within a city...I can't remember which one it's supposed to be!







4. WITH MALICE by Eileen Cook--somewhere in Italy...I still need to read this one!
3. THE HOLLOWS INSIDER by Kim Harrison--Rachel Morgan...with Cincinnati or the Hollows behind her. I feel like it's Cincy as the Hollows was more neighborhood-like.
2. GHOULS JUST HAUNT TO HAVE FUN by Victoria Laurie--a cartoonish Golden Gate Bridge!




1. NEAR THE BONE by Christina Henry--a cabin in the woods on a snowy mountain








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!