Dec 28, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

So I had a nice teaser from my last read all lined up and then I finished the book faster than I thought. I decided to use it anyway since I liked it so much!

 

"A word is like the thread that leads out of the labyrinth. It's not much--it's so thin it's barely there--but it's enough to remind you of things you already know, so you can retrace your steps when you're lost in the dark. To leap into the depths is a kind of joy. To chase an impossible dream is a joy. To feel anything at all is a joy." p 260


 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows
AUTHOR: John Koenig

PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster
GENRE: Non-fiction
RELEASE DATE: November 16, 2021



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is:  Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2021

 

*in no particular order

 

10. GRACE AND GLORY by Jennifer L. Armentrout--loved the ending of this series!
9. THE KING OF KORAHA by Maria V. Snyder--another great finale!
8. RED WOLF by Rachel Vincent--I have missed Rachel's paranormal/fantasy reads!



7. BURDEN FALLS by Kat Ellis--this one was so twisty and creepy! I still think about it!
6. FROM BLOOD AND ASH by Jennifer L. Armentrout--finally started this series and adored it!
5. THE RIGHTEOUS by Renee Ahdieh--this one was super exciting and I can't wait to see what happens next!



4. NEAR THE BONE by Christina Henry--another twisty and chilling and creepy read! I loved it!
3. COVET by Tracy Wolff--this series is definitely a favorite of mine!
2. KINGDOM OF THE CURSED by Kerri Maniscalco--this was also super exciting and totally doesn't fall into second book syndrome!


 
 
1. ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART by Stephanie Garber--I mean obviously #1 right?!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!