Jan 6, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Go count the number of unread books sitting on your shelf. How many?


MY ANSWER: Ugh...I hate having to count!

I think I have around 52...a few of my books are compilations of 3 novels in 1 book. Which I know is probably not anywhere near as many as everyone else has!! But it is a lot to me! I am a little anal with books, yet when my dear dear Borders closed this past year I did go a little crazy and buy a few of the books I had been thinking about, when they're 50% off it's hard to say no!

Of course the number will likely be going up when or if I can find my books I need to buy this week. Counted the ones that will be in my IMM as well. Bad part is that one or two are Kindle books I bought but cannot read yet until I get my Kindle hooked back up to my wireless. My cousin should be coming out this weekend and hopefully he can fix it for me!




TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.

This week's question is: Reading Resolutions: What are some of your reading goals for the new year?

MY ANSWER: Ooh good one! I actually decided to take on 2 reading challenges this year and they definitely will present a challenge since I now have a job--part time, but still it takes up a good chunk of my reading hours! But anyways I decided to take on the 2012 TBR Reading Challenge and knock off about 21-30 books from 2011 and earlier!
 
My second challenge is The Jumbo Sized YA Reading Challenge where I plan to tackle at least 40 books in the YA genre! I may even be able to kill two birds with one stone and read a 2011 YA book! Not sure if I'll do that exactly! But we'll see how the year goes!! Those are my challenges this year!




29 comments:

  1. Oh,good! You have a manageable number of books to read. :) Good luck with your reading challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by as well!!
    52 is a good number!
    Cheers
    Marissa
    Novels On The Run

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your challenges! Yeah you got me on your shelf number;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Jessica. How are you liking Bad Blood? I loved the first two books, but I'm a little sad that she felt the need to introduce a love triangle. Anyway, the author agreed to an interview on our blog and we'll include a giveaway too. :) Make sure to stop by.

    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning - new follower stopping by on the Friday Follow.

    I'm all for the long TBR list . . . gives us something to do if we win the lottery, or if civilization breaks down into some post-apocalyptic dystopia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have only 52 books to read lol. I don't have any place now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only used to have a few books on my TBR pile. Mainly because I didn't buy that many, I didn't had the money and I still went to the library. Now it's quite a problem, a luxury problem but still...

    Happy Friday! My TGIF and FF post

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats not a huge number of books to be read. Happy reading to you.
    http"//sidnereviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your challenges this year!

    I bought about 80 books during the Borders closing sales. You're right - it's hard to resist something at 50-75% off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 50% books are impossible to say no to, so I always walk out of Half Price Books with a ton! I think that's what's fed to my huge TBR pile! Happy Friday!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books. I think your book number is a good one. I have less than you and I know I'm in the minority. Good luck with those reading challenges. I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend!

    Aimee
    http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you - I wish my TBR pile seemed that manageable. As it is, it intimidates me completely at the moment. Hopefully, with all the challenges I hope to accomplish, it gets smaller!

    Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a new follower-I have 355 in my TBR pile and countless more on kindle. ACK.
    My resolution this year is to make a dent in that outrageous pile.
    I am a new follower
    www.csmaxwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I signed up for four challenges. I hope I can complete them. I definitely need to shrink my TBR.

    Old follower

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a nice amount :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a very hard time saying no to books when they're on sale too! 50% off makes me drool!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Old follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't actually count! I went to goodreads and just looked at my list there.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  18. 50 or so books is not too bad at all. I also want to read more YA books. Good for you for doing challenges. I only did one, I'm new to all this and I don't want to stress myself out.

    Jennifer@Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  19. 52 is definitely doable! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great challenges! I suffered from the Border's sale as well. I'm pretty sure I tripled my TBR pile thanks to them! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome post!! We both have low numbers of books to read as well..so that means that more books will be added to our pile later!!

    Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have the same amount of books! :) I hope you have fun with your reading challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hopping through. Luckily I was moving when Borders closed so I didn't take advantage of the sales. Otherwise I probably would have gone crazy buying.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for popping over to my blog, thought I'd better come and follow back. I can't believe how many books everyone has to read. I'm so lame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thought I had a lot at 66...but many people have in the hundreds! I can't even deal with having 66 lol. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  26. Long time no see! I have lots of unread books right now too, and I usually don't :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that's a considerable number! :) Thanks for stopping by my hop. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pfft, 52+ is a really reasonable number. Right? I think you're in a good spot with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. 52 is a perfectly reasonable number! You're waaay under 500! You're better than half that, so you're doing a good job keeping a hold on your book addiction :D

    I've got a teensy problem with ebooks, free..for sale..well for sale books of any kind really.. 0_0 haha

    Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! I follow you via RSS now :)

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!