Jan 12, 2012

Mini Review--Treachery by Andrea Cremer

From Andrea Cremer’s internationally best-selling Nightshade series, Calla Tor’s brother Ansel tells his side of the betrayal and treachery depicted in Wolfsbane. Ansel’s world is falling apart. The Nightshade pack led by his parents has been violently destroyed. His sister, Calla, abandoned her little brother, leaving him to answer for her crimes. And the Haldis pack that would have been his future is irreparably broken by Calla's betrayal. Suffering at the hands of the Keepers, Ansel is losing everything he's ever loved. The only chance he has to save himself means an alliance with his tormentors, and repaying Calla in full for her treachery. In this novella, find out why Ansel makes the decisions he does in Andrea Cremer's New York Times bestselling novel, Wolfsbane.

Stumbled upon this moments before I was going to read Bloodrose, so thought I would read it beforehand! It was a short little read, so this will be a short little review!

Treachery is called book 2.5 in the Nightshade novels. It takes place probably nearly right after Nightshade, but more of the story happens during Wolfsbane. And as the description says we are in Ansel's head and we see and experience everything he felt and saw after Calla deserted the pack. Of course we know Calla's reasons for that, but now we get to see how Ansel felt.

Ansel basically wasn't too thrilled. He is as far down the ladder as one can get, and when an opportunity to rise a step comes up, even though it's from the enemy, he takes it. As we already know.

Regardless, I thought it was an interesting story. I like novellas that take place between books and we get to see what's happening elsewhere with the other characters. What Ansel did obviously was wrong, but now we can see the reasons why he chose to do what he did.

So overall it was a nice little read. Interesting as well. And it does help tell more of the story of Wolfsbane from his p.o.v. The only issue I had was that it was a little too short! Yes, it's a novella, but I wanted more! I was getting so wrapped up in Ansel's story before I knew it, it was over and there was a sneak peek of Bloodrose, yet I had it at my side and just immediately turned to that!

Overall rating 3.5/5 stars







1 comment:

  1. I would love to get a copy of this, but the only copy I can find on Amazon isn't available for purchase in my area. Would you mind sharing where you purchased it from?

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!