Jan 14, 2012

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's topic is: Hero & Heroine That Should NOT Have Ended Up Together!


*in no particular order


CAUTION: Due to today's topic there will be spoilers for my choices.  So tREAD carefully!





Faeriewalker series by Jenna Black

DANA & ETHAN

Okay, this is probably one of my ultimate choice for this category. Generally the heroine ended up with the guy I wanted her to! But this one, there was always something about Ethan that I didn't really care for. And by the series end, they were still going to be together, so it was a little upsetting.





Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

LESLIE & NIALL

Okay, this one's sorta confusing. And I know not everyone liked this one in the series. But to me, it seemed like Leslie was going to be with Niall more so than Irial. I liked Irial more, even though he was a little scary at times. Regardless, and it has been awhile since I read this last, but to me it seemed like Leslie was going to be with Niall more. Well really she didn't choose either I thought...or both? Maybe that's also why I wasn't too satisfied with this one's end.



Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn

KITTY & BEN

I don't know about everyone else, but I was totally Team Cormac! I was so rooting for them, but then Kitty up and married Ben. It's still hard for me to read the series and enjoy their being together. But since Cormac has at least came back into the picture it's entertaining at times. Really hoping Cromac gets a HEA ending though!



The Forbidden Game trilogy by L.J. Smith

JENNY & TOM


Yay to the retro cover! Sorry it's small, but this is the copy I own and love! Since it's been years since I read this one as well, I can't quite recall if Jenny and Tom remained a couple. I believe they did. Julian of course was the bad guy. But he loved Jenny. He was creepy in a stalker way, yet we do get to see his true character. I was kinda rooting for him and Jenny in the end, but of course that didn't happen!



Nocturne by Syrie James

NICOLE & ???

All right, with this one I'm kinda cheating, but kinda not. Nicole didn't really end up with anyone. Sure someday she might meet her prince charming, but she didn't end up with Michael like I wanted her too. Like I said with my first couple, for the most part the heroine picks the guy I wanted her to, so this was without a doubt the hardest Top 5 I've ever done! Took me over an hour to do! But this was #5, so yay! I'm done!




3 comments:

  1. Awesome choices! This one was a bit hard for me.. I feel like I'm forgetting some.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's mine if your interested:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/01/top-5-sunday-january-15th-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh I love Cormac! but I totally like Kitty and Ben sorry LOL

    good one with Forbidden Game! Love those books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!