Jan 28, 2012

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: FAVE GHOSTLY NOVELS!


*in no particular order



GHOST HUNTER MYSTERY SERIES
Victoria Laurie

Okay, for this first pick, I'm saying it's the WHOLE series as it is still ongoing. But I love it! There's usually a nice juicy mystery and some ghosties involved! All very fun! Before I had a job--albeit part time--I was able to read these books in one day! Might try still, I may just have to take a day off to maintain that record!!



GHOST DUSTERS MYSTERIES
Wendy Roberts

Okay, so I'm cheating again. This was another series I really enjoyed that was filled with ghosties! Unfortunately it ended with 3 books and it wasn't a "planned" ending. The series just didn't do well enough to keep on going. But I really did enjoy what was there!


HAUNTED
Tamara Thorne

This is a much older novel, but it was freaky! It was a horror novel I decided to read because it had a ghost story to it. A very evil ghost story! Scared the daylights out of me when I was reading it late at night. Not something I recommend, especially if your floors creak like ours do!



MOONFALL
Tamara Thorne

Sorry for the small pic, it was all I could find! This was another one I read that was pretty darn creepy too! Although I can't quite recall the ghosties, I'm sure they were there, but there was other creepy stuff going on in this one that also gave me chills!



JADE GREEN
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

This is another oldie and either falls in YA--very old YA--or more middle grade. It had a nice creepy ghost story going on! It was kinda shocking too!!



A SPECIAL MENTION:



ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD
Kendare Blake

I haven't read this one yet, but it's in my TBR mountain! Reviews say it's good and it's a good ghost story too! So can't wait to get to it! Otherwise it would've been in my actual Top 5!



3 comments:

  1. Great feature! I've only heard of Anna Dressed in Blood on that list, and I'd love to check it out. I'm certainly going to check the others out now, too! Thanks for sharing!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! The Ghost Hunter Mysteries are on my tbr list, but still haven't started them & I forgot about the Ghost Dusters series - loved the first 2 books, but I was disappointed by the 3rd book :( And Anna is on my must-read list, too :D The others sound really good, so I'll check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...good list. I thought about putting Jade Green on my list as well. I remember that when I read it in grade school that it really creeped me out.

    My Top Five list is up over HERE :D

    Old Follower
    Megan @Xenophobic Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!