Jan 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon, has settled into domestic bliss. Of course, being Alexia, such bliss involves integrating werewolves into London High society, living in a vampire's second best closet, and coping with a precocious toddler who is prone to turning supernatural willy-nilly. Even Ivy Tunstell's acting troupe's latest play, disastrous to say the least, can not put a dampener on Alexia's enjoyment of her new London lifestyle.

Until, that is, she receives a summons from Alexandria that cannot be ignored. With husband, child, and Tunstells in tow, Alexia boards a steamer to cross the Mediterranean. But Egypt may hold more mysteries than even the indomitable Lady Maccon can handle. What does the vampire Queen of the Alexandria Hive really want from her? Why is the God-Breaker Plague suddenly expanding? And how has Ivy Tunstell suddenly become the most popular actress in all the British Empire?


Sooo look forward to this one! Love this series! It was probably the first steampunk novel I read and totally LOVED! So addicted now!

TITLE: Timeless
AUTHOR: Gail Carriger
PUBLISHER:
Orbit
GENRE:
Steampunk
RELEASE DATE:
March 1, 2012





If you live in the dark long enough, you begin to forget the light…

KORI DANIELS is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she’s ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if that means taking it from someone else…

The job? Recruit Ian Holt—or kill him.

Ian’s ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from every syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he’s on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower’s top Binder: Kori’s little sister.

Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they’ll have to choose between love and liberty….


Rachel Vincent is one of those authors who I always pine for her books! The wait is agonizing and it's killer every year! Even with two series, I just feel like my wait is doubled! Can't wait to read this one and see Uan and Kori's story!

TITLE: Shadow Bound
AUTHOR: Rachel Vincent
PUBLISHER:
Mira
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
May 22, 2012




15 comments:

  1. The Gail Carriger series looks like so much fun - I need to get a start on that.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick I tried to read Tarrabotti series but other books captured my attention. Shadow Bound the cover is awesome. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steampunk, vampires, and a little Egyptian archaeology? This is the first I've heard of the series, but I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks.

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of Gail Carriger's books, I can't wait for Timeless. I haven't started Blood Bound, but am excited about the series. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urgh, I haven't started either of these series yet! But I do have the first books ready to read so hopefully will get to them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate waiting too... I see a book and I want to read it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timeless sounds awesome! I haven't heard of the series but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Andie :)
    From A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these in my tbr pile you make me want to read them now!
    I first picked them up because of the covers, this one isnt as grab me as the others but still a great pick.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Timeless sounds so good! Another one added to my list! I have not read any of Rachel Vincent's books but I plan too :)

    Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I also have never read any of Rachel Vincent's books but I've heard a lot of good things about her series. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series and enjoyed Blood Bound.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to start Carriger's series again. I couldn't get into it when I tried it the first time, but really want to because it sounds so amazing!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I love the Parasol Protectorate series - I'm reading now Heartless & still haven't read Blood Bound - but I will. I finally started the Soul Screamers series this month & I think I'm already in love with Rachel's writing, so I'm looking forward to reading more of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome waiting on picks! I'm just getting into a lot of Rachel Vincent books and I can't wait to get to Shadow Bound - thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!