Jan 27, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

MY ANSWER: That would be regular old fiction. Ever since reading my first vampire/paranormal book in 7th grade, I can't handle reading anything that doesn't have a paranormal element. It just bores me. So as long as there's paranormal elements in it I am more willing to read it.

I also don't care for non-fiction, the world is depressing enough and I'd rather get lost in a world where anything can happen rather than ours which has limitations!



TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.
This week's question is: Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?
MY ANSWER: OOh this one's easy! I'm a book buyer! It is a costly obsession at times, but everyone knows what to get me for holidays--book gift certificates! I just like owning my own set of books. The library may be cheaper, but I also like to stare at all my pretty books in my room!

I'm also an author stalker a total fan girl, and when I hear word or find out for myself that my fave authors are coming to boring St. Louis I shout for joy! And I already have their books since I'm a book buyer so I readily have something to get signed! I love getting signed books because they are so precious! I'm not one of the people that goes and sells it to the highest bidder either. I get it signed to me so no one else can have it! And I do like getting an extra one signed to giveaway on my blog or give as a gift to a friend!



 

27 comments:

  1. Hey, Jessica, hope you're doing okay. Happy FF.

    I also prefer paranormal fiction, especially adult. I can read regular here and there, but I'm rarely thrilled about it.
    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on non-fiction - I literally NEVER read those types of books, they just bore me.

    New follower here! *waves* Come check out my Follow Friday post and my blog! :)

    Nice to meet you,
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, usually Non-fiction bores me. I had enough of that in college.

    I totally buy all my books too. I love seeing them all lined up on my bookshelf.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like old non-fiction as well!! Totally agree with you on that. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of non-fiction either. Lately I've only been reading every genre of YA.
    New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Non-fiction is okay if you're looking for research. It's difficult to just read it "for fun" the same way you would read fiction books.

    Also, I'm so with you on wanting to have my own books on my bookshelves to admire. But at the same time, being a librarian I try to make use of the books that I do order for our branch. :)

    ~DJL
    DJ Librarian Dishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand, I don't read a lot of books without them either. But from time to time it's nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to have a first love genre where you know you are completely happy. I'm with you on non-fiction for the most part. Although, I have read some great non-fiction. I guess it just depends on the book. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you're so dedicated to paranormal reads! I'm usually more likely to have fun with a para book, too--"General Fiction" can fall flat so often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to lean toward books with paranormal elements, although I make a lot of exceptions. Thanks for stopping by, Happy Friday! Reading to Penguins

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely prefer owning my own books as well, especially the ones by my favorite authors! It's always exciting for me when I get to meet someone I admire (like Meg Cabot and Maggie Stiefvater) and to get my book signed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with non-fiction, it bores me to tears. I can read some regular fiction though, as long as it's YA. Like Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Loved it!
    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely prefer my books to haved paranormal elements, but I do love good contemporary stories. I didn' mention non-fiction, but I rather not read them. I have to sometimes for class though.

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Happy FF, just come over to read how we're polar opposites. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like paranormal romances and stuff like that. And I don't really care for non-fiction either.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm definitely a book buyer too. My room looks like a bookstore exploded because I don't have enough shelves for all my books, haha.

    Old follower. :)
    Andie
    From A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer! Love your blog, old follower hopping through. Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. new follower.. non fiction is a no go for a lot of people http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't like non-fiction either.
    New follower, check out my FF and follow me (if possible by GFC) at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hum... things do et more interesting with paranormal in the middle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    I agree about non-fiction not being my cup of tea. What can I say; I'm a fiction fan! :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to be that way too. As in I would only pick up books if they were supernatural based. However, Anna and the French Kiss change that for me. I like regs fiction now! But nonfiction, in total agreement there! Thanks for stopping by! Follower!

    ~Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree, the point of a book is to find a world to get lost in! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like picking up an old-fiction book after I haven't read it in awhile..but classic books aren't for everyone!!

    Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also tend to avoid non-fiction. I prefer an escape :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hanks for stopping by! :)

    I happen o be one of those nerdy types that likes some types of non-fiction like memoirs and biographies, but I will admit that some of them can be boring lol.

    Have a great weekend!

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tend to stay away from Romance, as most of them these days tend to be more smut than actual romance, and that drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!