- There are 4,000 acres of gardens and maintained park landscapes.--That's 3,000 football fields.
- Epcot is an acronym for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.--Walt Disney came up with the word in 1966, because he wanted Epcot Center to be a futuristic functional community where people actually lived.
- There are hidden Mickeys all over the parks.--There are even entire sites dedicated to logging all of the ones people have found.
- You can camp at the happiest place on earth.--Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground boasts 409 cabins and 799 campsites for people to stay at.
- The first movie ever filmed at Disney World was Ernest Saves Christmas.--The first movie filmed at then-unfinished Disney-MGM Studios, now called Disney Hollywood Studios, was Ernest Saves Christmas.
- Cinderella's Castle is not built from stones.--The entire building is built out of fiberglass, concrete, steel, cement, and plaster. No bricks or stones were used at all.
- The Liberty Oak in Liberty Square is the parent to over 500 other trees.--The trees all started out as acorns that were harvested from the tree.
- Disney World's Beach Club Resort pool holds 750,000 gallons of water.--Stormalong Bay is the largest pool in the world with a sand bottom.
Okay, we're about halfway through the article written by Hilary White regarding all the Disney World Facts! I would so loved to have been there when she talked to people. Because I mean, asking on the telephone would sooooo not do! No, no! In person interviews, and then play time at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! ;)
Posted by Jessica @ a GREAT read