Jun 25, 2015

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list  
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: Is there a book that you were required to read in school that you actually loved? - Suggested by Natalie Hearts Books 


MY ANSWER: Why yes, yes there was! I've talked about this before. There has literally been only 1 book that I was forced to read that I ended up loving! And that of course was The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

 
It's funny too, because there's nothing at all paranormal about it. I guess you could call it a loose thriller, except it's the Count who is going about getting his revenge on people! I enjoyed his way of getting revenge, because he did not kill a single man who wronged him, but he ruined them all! *insert maniacal laughter!

Yeah, I'm weird!! ;)



 

13 comments:

  1. I didn't have to read this one for school, but I also enjoyed it. I can remember watching the original movie when I was still in my teens (the version with Richard Chamberlain). I think there is a more recent version now. Great choice, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were not required to read hardly anything but the one we had to I hated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this before but it's one of those books that I always say I'll get around to reading one day. It sounds good! Glad you had one that you enjoyed in school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wasn't one of my required reads, so I haven't read it. Maybe I will one day! I didn't like most of the required books either. There were only a few I liked. Old follower!

    My F&F

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never actually read that one! I've thought about picking it up on my own time, but never got around to it!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pick!!! I loved The Count of Monte Cristo. I never had to read it for school though so my opinion might have been different if I had. :)

    Here's my FF!

    New follower on Bloglovin (I thought I was already following you but I wasn't!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this book but it sounds like a good read. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember one of my friends reading the book in high school and really enjoying it. I was not required to read the book so I still haven't read it, but one day I will. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog today, have a great weekend! (:
    Old follower(:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha!! I can always count on a smile and laugh when I read your posts. I haven't heard about this one (like many I'm finding today lol), but I'm really curious now how he seeks his revenge. I'm going to have to look into this one further! Keep being weird :)

    Old Follower :)

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read the book, but I have seen the movie. I don't know how similar or different they are, but I really loved the movie. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never read this one or had the option in school. I still hate to admit it that I haven't read it yet even though I've wanted too. May just have to change that now. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. I read Count on my own in my senior year - because my boyfriend liked it and I wanted to impress him. Fortunately, I loved it.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alexandre Dumas has great books,I read some of them The Count of Monte Cristo, The Black Tulip, but it's not for school.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!