Jun 30, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"Suddenly Konstantin tensed up, looking around like a hunting dog that's found its prey. I was about to ask him what was wrong when said, 'We're not alone.'

And then Tilda screamed." Kindle loc. 50%*




*This quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are not final.








TITLE: Crystal Kingdom
AUTHOR: Amanda Hocking
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: August 4, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015


*in no particular order
**Also if you click the title you will be taken to my review placed on Goodreads.


1. THE RULES by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie--looove these authors! And naturally their latest book was an amazing and incredible one! I so hope there will be more to this possible series!
2. FORGED IN STONE by Alyssa Rose Ivy--I've loved pretty much every paranormal book this woman has written! Forged in Stone is no different! I adore James and can't wait for more!
3. THE VAMPIRE'S MAIL ORDER BRIDE by Kristen Painter--yet another new series that I am completely in love with! Nocturne Falls is fast becoming my fave Kristen Painter series! It's so cute and just fun!


4. SWERVE by Vicki Pettersson--this is Vicki's first thriller and it was amazing! I was taken by surprise by it too! At the time of this post, my review wasn't up, but actually went up on Monday. So I'm hoping the link updates itself! ;)
5. POWERLESS by Tera Lynn Childs & Tracy Deebs--I am a huge fan of Tracy and admit this was my first Tera book, but I loved it! It was sooo awesome and unique in a way. I cannot wait to see where this series goes!
6. NEARLY FOUND by Elle Cosimano--I actually read both of Elle's books this year and loved them both! This one had a bit of a creepier mystery feel to it, because it's not at all what you're expecting!


7. ROGUE by Julie Kagawa--seriously every time I finish one of Julie's books I am constantly wanting the next one! They are sooo good! So incredible and amazing that I don't want to leave this world behind!
8. SNOW LIKE ASHES by Sara Raasch--loved this one! A wonderful fantasy and I can't wait for the next one! Something I am constantly saying when it comes to every beloved read!
9. BOUND BY FLAMES by Jeaniene Frost--loved it! It's Jeaniene Frost! And it's VLAD! What's not to love! Best yet?! There's 1 MORE BOOK TO COME!!


10. A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas--one of my most anticipated reads this year has held a firm spot in my most favorite reads of this year! LOVED this one and cannot wait to see what this series holds!!







39 comments:

  1. This is an interesting group of books! I haven't seen many of them around tonight, though ACOTAR is everyone's favorite haha. I haven't read Nearly Gone yet, but I'm excited to hear its sequel is great too!

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal Kingdom has such a lovely cover! I hope you're enjoying it :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow Like Ashes might be the overall fav so far this year!

    Here are my Top Ten favorites of 2015 so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read Snow Like Ashes for SO long! Glad you liked it! I'm determined to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your teaser. I found it very intriguing. Here is my TT
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/06/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Snow Like Ashes myself and it's now definitely on my list of favorites! ACOTAR too! Great list, Jessica! :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a great tease! I'll be checking this one out on goodreads!
    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have found some great books and I wouldn't mind having a couple of them myself. Happy reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooo need to read The Kanin Chronicles! I loved SLA and ACOTAR was really good. I haven't read any of The Talon series yet. Awesome list!

    Christina @Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought a copy of ACOTAR and really hoping to get around it soon. It's so nice to see it on your list! and I've been hoping to read Snow Like Ashes!! Great list! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I've only read ACOTAR out of your favorites!!! But I really did want to read Snow Like Ashes soon! From what I hear though, maybe I should see if I can get my hands on the sequel first haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have only read ACOTAR, Snow Like Ashes, and Powerless but I liked them a lot. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great TTT list! I haven't read any of these though I am familiar with ACOTAR and Snow Like Ashes. Happy reading for the rest of 2015 :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. They aren't alone? Who is after them? I have read none of the books in your top ten- I do have Forged in Stone just haven't opened it yet. Great picks.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list. I see a few I recognize, and a few I may be looking into. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read The Rules, Powerless and Nearly Found! I also haven't read A Court of Thorns and Roses yet...I feel bad about that one. I loved Snow Like Ashes! Swerve sounds awesome. Great list! You already know I Brooke the rules this week. I just did this topic on a freebie week and I didn't know what to do!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of good books in your list. My teaser on my adult blog comes from this romantic suspense title - Hell or High Water by Julie Ann Walker. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to read Powerless and Rogue! Still need to read Talon first though... haha! ACOTAR was on my list as well!

    My TTT

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks! I'm reading Swerve now and I think that it will be on my top 10 list this year already! It is SO good so far!!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely cover and a great teaser! Very intense.

    I also enjoyed reading your top ten list! I have only read one Jeaniene Frost book, and while I didn't love it exactly, I did enjoy it. I want to read more by her. I've heard her books get better and better. Swerve sounds like it is a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cover. I'm curious about what made Tilda scream.
    My Tuesday post features SERENA.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list! I´ve read Snow like Ashes and I liked it, but I haven´t read any of the other books that you mention.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a range of books! I do love that blue cover! It's very striking.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lot of people have Snow like Ashes and A court of thorns and roses. I'm going to have to check out those two. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing your favorite reads so far this year with us. I look forward to exploring some of the book titles you've listed in your TTT post this week. I have the feeling I'll be adding more book titles this week to my ever growing reading wishlist.

    Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Snow Like Ashes and A Court of Thorns and Roses are on my list too :D I haven't read some of the others on your list, but I really like the sound of Powerless. Great picks!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! That teaser really has me wanting to read Crystal Kingdom! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice picks. I LOVED ACOTAR!!! That book made my list too, even though I technically read it last year. I need to read Snow Like Ashes. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great list! I've not read any of these but I'm hoping to get to A Court of Thorns and Roses sometime soon.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  30. I didn't love Snow Like Ashes, but we're totally on the same page with ACOTAR! I still really need to read The Rules!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is an awesome list! I STILL need to finish Talon and Rogue! I need to get to those soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't read any of these eitherXD I need to read A Court of Thorns and Roses soon!

    ReplyDelete
  33. ACOTAR! I've been seeing it around some lists this week. :) I haven't read Snow Like Ashes yet but I've been meaning to pick it up one of these days. Love your list!

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier. Old follower :)

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I can't wait for the release of Crystal Kingdom. I have the first two books, now I need the third. Thanks for sharing the tease.
    ACOTAR... an amazing book.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've only read Rogue (which I loved but didn't make my list) and ACOTAR (which was just the most amazing read!) out of the books on your list, there are some new books to me there that look interesting from the covers alone.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it xx

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG! The Vampire's Mail Order Bride! Why haven't I seen this before. I definitely need to buy this book. Love vampire stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. These books are all new to me, but I was immediately drawn to Snow Like Ashes - that cover is gorgeous!

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  38. ACOTAR of course! If you've read that book, it's impossible to leave it out of this list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!