Jun 14, 2015

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


I had me quite a week! I seriously need to learn what a book buying ban is. But it's hard when my haul was half preorders, half buying books with coupons from last weekend. And then there's the review haul! So yeah...there are no regrets!

Last week I bought:

Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen--keeper copy
Vengeance of the Demon by Diana Rowland--long overdue keeper copy
Every Breath You Take by Chris Marie Green--I was initially suppose to get this for review in April, but after a few mishaps, I decided to just buy it when I had coupon from B&N!
Bloodkin by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie & Ill. by Min Alima--saw this gorgeous edition on twitter last week and sure enough I got a B&N coupon to apply towards it! I already had a nice hardcover Peter Pan, but this one was oh so much more beautiful! The illustrations and foldouts are just stunning!
Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy--I never realized Alyssa had yet another paranormal/fantasy series, and with her new one starting that is a sort of spinoff of this one I decided I needed to try this series out first! This one was also a freebie, so I thought I'd read it first before buying the next two. But more than likely I will buy them because I've loved Alyssa's other paranormal titles!



For review from the publishers via Netgalley, Edelweiss, and the author I received:

Daughter of Earth and Sky by Kaitlin Bevis
The Iron Queen by Kaitlin Bevis
After Alice by Gregory Maguire (ARC)
Forged in Stone by Alyssa Rose Ivy


THANK YOU ImaJinn Books, William Morrow, Netgalley, Edelwiess, and Alyssa!!








27 comments:

  1. i want the stars never rise so bad! Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster award and you can check it out here: http://theinkmess.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-liebster-award.html
    Sorry I didn't know where to comment:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that Peter Pan cover IS stunning! Lucky duck. And I can’t wait to read The Stars Never Rise! Hope you enjoy it :D Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, so many awesome books! I also got a Kindle copy of The Stars Never Rise and my paperback of Hidden Huntress arrived yesterday!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice haul! I'm trying very hard to limit what I buy for two reasons. First, I have a goal of reading everything I buy in 2015 in 2015 so the TBR mountain doesn't get any higher. Second, I want to lower TBR mountain some. I already have 2153 books there. I know my reading this summer will be like taking a cup of sand from the beach but I have to start somewhere. Enjoy your new books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul, I want The Stars Never Rise, it sounds so good! :)

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. After Alice was a t BEA but the line was so insane I passed it up.

    Good book week!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently, The Stars Never Rise was on NetGalley and I missed out. How, I have no clue! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! That edition of Peter Pan is gorgeous. We got it into my store and I checked it out. I'm really looking forward to reading The Stars Never Rise and After Alice. No regrets! Enjoy your new books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome stack of books. I see that we both got the Kaitlyn Bevis books. The Peter Pan is beautiful. Blood Kin has a cover that I'm very drawn to. Excellent haul.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul this week. I was supposed to get Every Breath You Take for review as well but it just never showed either, I'll be looking forward to your review because I'll probably get it on my own too :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Stars Never Rise looks awesome!! I feel like I've seen it around EVERYWHERE lately! I hope you love all of your new books :)

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been really interested in forged in stone. I can't wait to read it! Great week for you chica!

    I hope you have a great week! Happy reading :)

    Here's my weekly wrap up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forged in Stone sounds good. Hope you have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice haul, the Star Never Rises has a gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul, Jessica. I'm looking forward to reading The Stars Never Rise. The rest of your additions are all pretty much new to me. Hope you enjoy reading all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo, Alyssa's new book! Looks hawt ;) I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh many great books there! I hope you'll enjoy them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I MUST get A Star Never Rises! I know I am going to love it! Enjoy your books Jessica.

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so curious about Star Never Rises. I've heard pretty good things. I'm also curious about Hidden Huntress. Great haul! I hope you love them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Stars Never Rise looks so good. Enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to see what you think of The Stars Never Rise - I've been seeing that one around a lot!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a huge haul! I'm intrigued to read Diana Rowland's Kara Gillian series. I've only started her White Trash Zombie one and I love it so far! Happy reading!

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really need to get back on Diana Rowlands series. great books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lot of uh's and ah's echoing in my mind looking through your new books. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I neeeed to make time to read The Stars Never Rise! It's gonna be awesome. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!