Jun 21, 2015

Stacking the Shelves--the return of the HOLY CHEEZITS edition!

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



The haul this week was epic! I was a very bad girl! I went shopping at TBD and bought a few books I've been wanting to get for awhile. Nothing new new. Just UK copies of books I already own, but have been pining for the gorgeous UK covers. So I decided to buy them. Why I bought nearly all the ones I wanted in the same credit card billing period, I have no idea! A girl starts book shopping, she can't stop. And THEN B&N sent me coupons! How can I say NO to coupons?! It's not possible!! So yes, I was a very, very bad girl! Am I sorry? No!

Upside to the spending I get points towards a B&N gift card and saved an extra 5% with every B&N purchase! So it's a win-win, right? I think so! Until the bill comes in!


So, let's start with the Book Depository Order:


Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout--UK Copy
Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout--UK Copy
Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout--UK Copy
Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout--UK Copy
Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout--UK Copy
Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout--UK Copy
Unremembered by Jessica Brody--UK Copy
Unforgotten by Jessica Brody--UK Copy
Unchanged by Jessica Brody--UK Copy
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey--UK Copy
Goddess by Josephine Angelini--UK Copy. I had already found the previous 2 books at my HPB and OCD demanded that I get the third one now because I couldn't handle the waiting to find it at HPB since the first two were months apart! I'm okay with owning a book 1 in the series if I can't find the rest. But yeah, with JLA, I need them all! LOL!
 Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini--UK Copy. I LOVED this cover, so I had to buy it!

The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo--UK Copy. This was actually an Abe's Books find! I saw this cover from another blogger and I knew I had to have it. So I tracked it down and got it this week! Isn't it oh so pretty?!

So those were all already owned and read books. I just bought UK copies! ;)


And here's what I bought this week, for new reads:

Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy--already read and reviewed!
Enduring Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy--currently reading!
Pure Blooded by Amanda Carlson--already read and reviewed! A Keeper Copy!
The Diviners by Libba Bray
The Devil You Know by Trish Doller
Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil
Dark and Damaged by Multiple Authors--I bought this one mainly for Erin Kellison and Colleen Gleason's novellas! It was only .99 for the whole set, so I thought, why not!


Then I won Becky from Book Bite Reviews BEA Contest, again! I wasn't able to get my first pick Truthwitch, which I learned right away when I saw the line tickets for it! But Becky more than made up for it with this haul:

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker (ARC)
Those Girls by Lauren Saft (ARC)
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout--SIGNED!
Soundless by Richelle Mead (ARC)--SIGNED!
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle (ARC)--SIGNED!

Plus a cute box of greeting cards and a Word Cloud Classics Bag!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH Becky!!


And THEN for review from the publishers via Netgalley, I received:

Wicked Embers by Keri Arthur (ARC)
Crucible Zero by Devon Monk (ARC)


THANK YOU Signet Select, Roc, and Netgalley!!


And then I received some SIGNED bookmarks from MacKenzi Lee! I'm so excited about her upcoming debut, This Monstrous Thing!




THANK YOU MacKenzi!!


And then last week, Julie Kagawa opened up her Etsy shop, so naturally, I was game for trying to snag a dragon! I got lucky and bought this gorgeous little blue guy! Loved the swirly colors to him!






And that dear friends, was my outrageous week! It was a very happy one too!! Sooo, what did you all get??










21 comments:

  1. Oh Devon Monk, I want this one so bad, so can't wait, I love the series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - that is one seriously large book haul! My brain nearly exploded seeing them all! I hope you enjoy the new covers UK ones, and the new-to-you books!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously think you are awesome. I hope you love all your new books. The Blue Dragon is amazingly cute. Great haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are probably the most insane book collector I know! (I mean that in a good way..lol) Even though I love UK editions I don't own any..I hardly ever have more than one copy of anything..and you have like three or four copies of your favorite series...not sure if that is crazy or if I should be ashamed of myself for not being a better collector...LOL You had an awesome haul and those UK ones are so pretty!!!!!! :)

    Enjoy the new ones you haven't read yet!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul. I also recently bought Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. I’ve heard great things about it, so I can’t wait to read it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why yes, you did have an outrageous week!! I LOVE that you nabbed so many of the UK covered books, especially the beautiful Trial by Fire one! Sometimes UK gets the better covers by far!!

    OMGosh, Truthwitch.... I have no words for how bummed I am for you. I so want that book, too. I've been following her Pinterest page with all the Truthwitch inspired pins. So much drool...

    On to Etsy now - thanks for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that is one heck of a haul!! I also love the UK Covenant series covers but even though I'm living in England I've got the US ones – maybe I'll have to slowly get the UK ones ;) I didn't know Julie Kagawa was selling her little dragons but the blue one is seriously cute! It sounds like you've had a great week so I hope this one is the same and you enjoy all your new books :D Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my god, this is such an amazing haul! I'm totes jelly! And all these JLA books! These are my addiction, so I hope you love them as much as I did.

    Great haul andy happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great haul this week! Love those UK editions!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enduring Light sounds like a great read. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you got some fun reading in your future!! Even when that credit card bill comes don't let your excitement and happiness falter. It would be one thing if you did this every week, but you do this like once every few months if that. You deserve to splurge every once in a while :)

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. As long as you have no buyer's remorse then it's all good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I love UK copies! Why do they get so many great covers?! I was just looking at the cover for Throne of Glass on Book Depository... I don't even know if I'm going to like the book or not (just started reading it) but it's soooooo pretty! Ahh! Great haul this week! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! You sure did have an amazing week! I'm drooling over your gorgeous UK covers! Oh! And you won Soundless! I'm so jealous! Be proud of your haul! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is nothing better than getting a big order of books in the mail! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That copy of The Gathering Dark is GORGEOUS! I hope you enjoy all of your new books when you read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just ordered the Covenant Series in UK covers! So pretty. Can't wait till they get here so I can pet them! Enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! What a haul! Isn't Gathering Darkness SO PRETTY IN PERSON!? I don't think pictures can even show how lovely that book is. So pretty. So much awesome going on in these pictures. *stares at screen longer*

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWESOME haul girl! So jealous you can get ARC's signed there... I wish that would happen here more! Love the UK Covenant books!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! You had a great week in collecting books! :D Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This UK editions of the Covenants books are gorgeous! Love them! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!