Jun 16, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'They were going to let me die, Persephone! She had already accepted it because you are so much more fucking important than me!'" Kindle loc. 45%
















TITLE: Daughter of Earth and Sky
AUTHOR: Kaitlin Bevis
PUBLISHER: ImaJinn Books
GENRE: Mythology/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: December 20, 2012



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015


*in no particular order


1. Daughter of Earth and Sky by Kaitlin Bevis--this is in my immediate review pile, as are the next few ones! Excited about this because Persephone was pretty interesting and curious to see where this trilogy goes!
2. The Iron Queen by Kaitlin Bevis--again, a review book that I am excited to read!
3. After Alice by Gregory Maguire--this was sort of an impulse request from EW. This is actually the first request that I've been approved of this year from them. I kind of just whimsy requested it since everything I've requested has been rejected...or ignored. Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs & Tracy Deebs is still "pending". *eyeroll*


4. Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy--didn't realize Alyssa had yet another fantasy NA series! This is an older one I plan to start and I am hoping I love it as much as her others. I need to buy the second two, but wanted to wait until after I read book 1. 
5. Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy--the second book in the Afterglow trilogy. I wanted to read book 1 before downloading these. Why, not sure. Guess because ebooks feel so final to me. I'm weird.
6. Enduring Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy--so pretty much all I just said in pick number 4!


7. Forged in Stone by Alyssa Rose Ivy--this is the first in a new trilogy that is a spinoff of sorts to the Afterglow Trilogy! So I've heard at least! Hence the reason why I decided to read the first trilogy before reading this one which I just got for review last week!
8. Wolfcry by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--yup! Going back to Amelia's books soon! I never did finish this series and when I saw there were only 2 books left, I thought why not! Plus HPB had them for a steal, so I had to get them!
9. Wyvernhail by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--the final book in this particular series! Let's hope I won't need much of a memory! The reason I remember leaving it before was book 3 didn't have the same characters so much. They were there but as secondary ones.


10. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh--been wanting to read this one for awhile! Gotta make it happen sooner rather than later!






 

29 comments:

  1. I just got After Alice and I'm SO excited to read it. It would've been on my list, but it's from Edelweiss and not a physical copy. I'm definitely going to try to fit it in this summer, though. I also hope I can make room/time for The Wrath and the Dawn. I'm sure my tbr will change with my moods anyway. Great list, I hope you enjoy them all!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wolfcry and Forged in Stone are wonderful picks. Hope you have fun reading all of these this summer!! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the Persephone, the first book in the Daughter of Zeus series. I didn't realize the next one was available. Thanks for sharing the tease and refreshing my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know a lot of these. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually like mythology retellings ... Ill have to check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man! isn't that a great tease! really got my attention!

    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess that's saying it like it is. LOL Some good looking posts for your reading pleasure.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting list. I have only heard of The Wrath & the Dawn though. The teaser on my young adult blog this week comes from Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Wrath and The Dawn is the only one I've even heard of from your list! So I will now have to do some investigation work into the others. I like that you have a few continuations. I find it hard sometimes to get back into a series after a long gap, hope it's easy with Wolfcry.

    Happy Reading
    Rachel @ Paein-and-Ms4Tune.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great looking batch of books up there! My List wasn't very expansive but they're books I really want to read. "After Alice" actually looks good to me. I'll be curious to hear how you liked it. Does EW stand for Edelweiss? Just curious because I feel like they do take a long amount of time for approval lately. Hope you have a lovely summer with lots of reading. :)
    ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor friend-of-Persephone. Great teaser!

    Nice top ten list. All new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Wrath & the Dawn looks so good. I need to read it ASAP :)

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep seeing After Alice on other people's TTTs this week, I see it's rather popular ;) I love the cover for The Wrath and the Dawn.

    Great list, happy reading! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of half of these books againXD I do want to read The Wrath and The Dawn soon! My Review of Finding Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks. You have a lot of interesting looking books on your lists. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice teaser, Jessica! None of your books for your summer top ten are familiar to me, but they look really good!
    Have a terrific Tuesday and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven´t heard of the mayority of them but I want to read The Wrath and the Dawn.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. The only one of these I've heard of is The Wrath and the Dawn and it made my list too! I hope you get to read it soon!!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What? Let her die? Why is she more important? Your teasers get me every time. Nice picks- I picked up Forged in Stone yesterday but didn't realize it was a spin-off.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cover, and intriguing Teaser. I haven't heard of this author.
    My Tuesday post features A Walk in the Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So excited for After Alice and your current read looks great too!! I'm def going to check that series out!
    <3 Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  22. So excited for After Alice and your current read looks great too!! I'm def going to check that series out!
    <3 Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have seen he Wrath and the Dawn everywhere lately! I've not really read up on it, but I think I should. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to get to some of Altssa Rose Ivy books too!
    Nice tease... that is a new book to me too!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  25. These all look great but I'm particularly interested in Beckoning Light. I'll look forward to your review to see how you liked it. If you recommend it, I will definitely pick it up myself. Thanks for sharing!
    Laura@thebookjunkie
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  26. These all look great but I'm particularly interested in Beckoning Light. I'll look forward to your review to see how you liked it. If you recommend it, I will definitely pick it up myself. Thanks for sharing!
    Laura@thebookjunkie
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your teaser looks so good! I'll need to pick that one up. As for your top ten--I love how much Alyssa Rose Ivy was in there! She's fantastic. And The Wrath & the Dawn? I'm seriously looking forward to picking that one up myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I loved that series by Kaitlin Bevis! It was such a great Hades and Persephone twist. Hope you love them too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!