Jun 2, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"She grabbed his wrist then, though a small part of her knew it was dangerous to do so, dangerous to do anything so unpredictable around a man who'd just murdered someone for no particular reason.

'Stop treating me like a child,' Alice said, yanking him around to look at her.

There was a momentary flare in his eyes, then it was banked, and she knew he would not hurt her." Kindle loc. 24%*
 



*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.



TITLE: Alice
AUTHOR: Christina Henry
PUBLISHER: Ace
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 4, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows 


*in no particular order 
**couldn't find the post from the past to make sure I don't pick repeats, possible that I didn't start this meme until afterwards. So here we go!


1. THE IRON FEY CHRONICLES by Julie Kagawa--either TV show or movie! Don't get me wrong, I sooo hope to see Talon on the big screen but I pretty much LOVE all Julie's books and would love to see them all in some sort of media format!
2. THE HOLLOWS SERIES by Kim Harrison--so so close! CW was gearing up for a TV show then canceled before much happened. I have hopes that it can make it to the small screen some day! Or big screen! I'm never picky!
3. GHOST HUNTER MYSTERY SERIES by Victoria Laurie--this would make an awesome TV show! And not like the Ghost Hunters or whatever that there is now. I can't stand reality TV, but this would make for a great eerie mystery series! Like Murder She Wrote, except M.J. is already going to where dead people are at!


4. CHARLEY DAVIDSON SERIES by Darynda Jones--another one that would make a great mystery show! Charley is hilarious and I would love seeing her jokes and antics on the screen!
5. SOUL SCREAMERS SERIES by Rachel Vincent--an awesome and unique series that I think would also make a great TV series or something! There were different kinds of paranormal peeps in this one and I just loved it so!
6. DOROTHY MUST DIE SERIES by Danielle Paige--another one that would make for incredible movies! I mean Oz has totally changed with Dorothy is power. This would be awesome as a movie!


7. TEN by Gretchen McNeil--this would make an awesome movie! This is my favorite book by Gretchen as it was such a great mystery! Chilling too!
8. SPLINTERED SERIES by A.G. Howard--this would make for an awesome TV series! Or mini series even. I think Wonderland would be awesome to see on the screen!
9. CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES SERIES by Chloe Neill--loooove this series! Merit is a riot and I think this would also make for a great TV series! So much has happened in the series, meaning there is a lot of story to be told in episodes!


10. STUDY SERIES by Maria V. Snyder--I still think of this one as an adult series though I've seen it marketed as both. This would make a great fantasy TV series I'd think. Like on one of the premium networks. But hopefully they won't add all the unnecessary nudity, just stick to the violence! ;)









27 comments:

  1. I would like to see Soul Screamers made into a TV series. I think it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some awesome choices, I love the sound of the Iron Fey books as a TV show and I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!

    Thea @  Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she is right and he won't hurt her. Nice picks- I agree with the Soul Screamers series- awesome tv!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary teaser!

    This week I have an excerpt from the iconic Joanna Penn: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-stone-of-fire/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to Splintered on screen, big or small. Great picks! I think they all would make great film or TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser! My teaser this week comes from Fountain of Secrets by Anita Clenney. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also would like to see Soul Screamers and The Iron Fey on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still REALLY need to read Ten! It looks so good! I totally agree with Splintered (obiously)!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splintered and The Iron King were on my list! I still need to read those other series!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splintered series would actually make great movies! I really hope they will be made :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks!! Some Girls Bite would be awesome!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hollows was on my list too, awesome series! I've only read the first book in the Charley Davidson series but I loved it! Great list :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was close to putting the Iron Fey series on my list. I love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH, YES! Soul Screamers would be awesome as a tv series! Poison Study would work on cable (with the extra skin, lol...I don't need that to watch, the story is enough). I really need to read Ten, I don't know why I haven't already, it's my kind of book! Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. The teaser from Alice intrigues me. I hadn't heard of that book before, but you've got me wanting to check it out further.

    I enjoyed reading through your Top Ten list. The Hollows series on TV would be great. I have only read the first book in the series, but just by that, I know it would be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually haven't read any of these books. If they're good enough to be made into movies I should check them out!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually haven't read any of these books. If they're good enough to be made into movies I should check them out!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tease, Jessica. Alice is a book I'm really curious about. I can't wait to see what you think. As for books to movies...great picks! You may know this but KHarrison had sold the rights to The Hollows but nothing ever came of it and she got the rights back. I was at a signing when she was talking about this and she said we'd be happy nothing happened with it because they were going to leave out Jenks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor little bunny. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't think of the Study series, but that one WOULD be really good! Great list!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm liking all of your books.
    Your teaser is wicked. She seems so sure he won't hurt her. Makes me wonder about their relationship.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/02/teaser-tuesdays-117-dont-try-to-find-me-2/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want the Iron Fey series to be on TV so bad! The world is beautiful and the characters and unforgettable. Hollywood needs to get on top of it!

    Also, for your teaser, I thought that was blood on the rabbit's head. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol almost all of your books are on my TBR list! I really need to read the Study Series. And I've heard so many great things about Dorothy Must Die. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh... interesting quote!
    Love the top 10, I would want to see most of them!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picks for Top Ten Tuesday and teaser! Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice teaser, Jessica! I'm intrigued by this one... Alice in Wonderland and re-tellings always get me :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Iron King would make a great movie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!