- Walt Disney World is almost 44 years old.-- The first theme park opened on Oct. 1, 1971.
- You can't buy gum anywhere in Disney World.-- That's why you never see it stuck in unfortunate places!
- The Jungle Cruise has actually developed its own self-sufficient ecosystem.-- Plants in the ride are now native to the jungle and can survive on their own.
- The parks use "smellitzers" to make the smells of different areas match the theme.-- Main Street USA typically smells like cookies and vanilla, but around Christmastime, the strategically placed vents release the smell of peppermint.
- Epcot's Spaceship Earth installment weighs 16 million pounds.
- There is a wedding ring embedded into the concrete of the Haunted Mansion.-- People believe that it belonged to the hanging bride you see on the ride.
- The Be Our Guest restaurant serves "the grey stuff" from the song.-- In the song "Be Our Guest," the memorable lyrics say "try the grey stuff, it's delicious!," and you can actually order the dessert off the restaurant's menu.--which is sooo something I will want to try if the family trip next year pans out!!
Once again, I want to credit Hilary White for all these wonderful Disney World Facts! And if you'd like to read the article in full, here is the link: