Jun 23, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


"The creature paused and lifted its nose, then looked over its shoulder, its eyes bloody fire in the darkness. I wondered if it had some sense of my presence, but it made no move to flee and, after a few more seconds, it turned and went through the door on the left.

Inside was a dead man." Kindle loc. 1%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are NOT final.








TITLE: Wicked Embers
AUTHOR: Keri Arthur
PUBLISHER: Signet Select
GENRE: Urban Fantasy

RELEASE DATE: July 7, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




This week's topic is: My Ten Favorite Top Ten Topics We've Ever Done In The Past 5 Years



*in no particular order


1. Characters I'd Like to Check In With
2. ALL TIME Favorite Authors
3. Books I'll Probably Never Read
4. Authors I Own the Most Books From
5. Characters I'd Want With Me on a Deserted Island
6. Characters That Would Be Sitting at My Lunch Table 
7. Underrated Authors & Book Series in Urban Fantasy
8. Authors I've Read Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
9. Places that Books Have Made Me Want to Visit (whether fictional or real)
10. Books or Series I Want to Re-Read 






22 comments:

  1. Just WOW! That tease leaves me wanting more! Thanks for sharing Jessica!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she had a near miss. Interesting choice. I like the cover of this book. It's quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, Wicked Embers sounds awesome! I loved the lunch table topic, too! I totally forgot about the deserted island topic, it would have been on my list. Places books have made me want to visit was a face of mine as well. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the look and sound of the new Keri Arthur book, Wicked Embers, and would have requested it if I'd been able...... sometimes being in the UK sucks as it sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so what was the creature? Who was dead? How do you pick teasers that make me want to one click all the time?

    Love the lunch table one, underrated authors and of course series I want to re-read.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! I remember some of these of TTTs - particularly the all-time favourite authors and books/series I want to reread. :)

    My TTT

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Books I'll Probably Never Read. It felt good to write down War and Peace!

    Here's my Top Ten Top Tens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked Embers looks really good.

    Great topics list! I haven't done most of those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We picked a lot of the same TTT topics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems strange to like the Books I'll Never Read list as one of the top tens (it's on mine too), but it seems nice to just put it out in the open and say, "Hey, I'm never gonna read these books."
    Great teaser!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this weeks topic, I'm getting to see so many topics that I have missed. You chose some brilliant topics :) Here's my TTT if you want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I bet anyone can guess what authors I own the most books of...hehe. Some great topics up there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Provocative teaser! I want to know more. The teaser on my adult blog this week comes from House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter - an urban fantasy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the Books I'll Never Read topic! I have some that I'm dead set against reading... Maybe I should give some of them a try!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list!! Happy reading and thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing teaser! I'm off to Amazon right now!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/23/teaser-tuesdays-119-shadow-of-danger-by-kristine-mason/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm bookmarking this page later, so I can read all of those past posts! They all sounds interesting and entertaining!!

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Top Ten Books I'll Never Read was so close to making my list! Its definitely a runner-up (I apparently have a lot of books that I am a stick-in-the-mud about not reading...)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love 5, 8 and 9 - I don't think I was around for those! You picked some of the best ones!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Books I'll Probablyy Never Read was a great one! Oh, and the one about visitng places - love that one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a great read! Enjoy it. :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a great read! Enjoy it. :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!