Jun 10, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




We're all gonna die down here. . . .

Julie lies dead and disemboweled in a dank, black subway tunnel, red-eyed rats nibbling at her fingers. Her friends think she’s just off with some guy—no one could hear her getting torn apart over the sound of pulsing music.

In a tunnel nearby, Casey regrets coming to Survive the Night, the all-night underground rave in the New York City subway. Her best friend Shana talked her into it, even though Casey just got out of rehab. Alone and lost in the dark, creepy tunnels, Casey doesn’t think Survive the Night could get any worse . . .
             
. . . until she comes across Julie’s body, and the party turns deadly.

Desperate for help, Casey and her friends find themselves running through the putrid subway system, searching for a way out. But every manhole is sealed shut, and every noise echoes eerily in the dark, reminding them they’re not alone.

They’re being hunted.
             
Trapped underground with someone—or something—out to get them, Casey can’t help but listen to her friend’s terrified refrain: “We’re all gonna die down here. . . .” in this bone-chilling sophmore novel by the acclaimed author of The Merciless.


I still need to read The Merciless but I can't wait! Think I'll save all my "creepy" reads for October and have me a nice scary read-a-thon all month long!

TITLE: Survive the Night
AUTHOR: Danielle Vega
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Thriller YA

RELEASE DATE: July 7, 2015 



In Book 2 of the Immortal Game trilogy, Edie must learn the rules of the game . . . and then play better than anyone else.

Through a Faustian bargain, Edie Kramer has been pulled into the dangerous world of the Immortal Game, where belief makes your nightmares real. Hungry for sport, fears-made-flesh are always raising the stakes. To them, human lives are less than nothing, just pieces on a board.

Because of her boyfriend Kian's sacrifice, she's operating under the mysterious Harbinger's aegis, but his patronage could prove as fatal as the opposition. Raw from deepest loss, she's terrified over the deal Kian made for her. Though her very public enemies keep sending foot soldiers--mercenary monsters committed to her destruction--she's not the one playing under a doom clock. Kian has six months...unless Edie can save him. And this is a game she can't bear to lose. 


Loved Mortal Danger!! It ended with such a cliffhanger and I am DYING to read this one!!


TITLE: Public Enemies
AUTHOR: Ann Aguirre
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Paranormal YA

RELEASE DATE: August 4, 2015






 

31 comments:

  1. Yes! I am super curious for both of these. I haven't read The Merciless either, but both books sound insanely creepy. I think I may hold off and read them in October as well! I'm super excited to read Public Enemies as well. :) Great picks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these books read like they will give me nightmares! Nice picks- hope you love them.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that first one sure sounds scary. Probably not for me. Hope you enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Public Enemies sounds good I'll have to look into reading the first book. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know either of these. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Survive the Night does sound creepy - great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure about the first one, but I have Public Enemies! I hope you enjoy these books when you read them, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic day :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this book sounds frightening. That cover definitely ups its creep factor too. Great Choice!
    ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of either of these before and I'm not sure if they're for me but they both definitely sound kind of good :) Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Survive the Night sounds awesome! I like to save my creepy reads for October, too. I still need to read Mortal Danger, I hope I can fit it in soon. At least I won't have to wait for Public Enemies! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Survive the Night sounds awesome! I like to save my creepy reads for October, too. I still need to read Mortal Danger, I hope I can fit it in soon. At least I won't have to wait for Public Enemies! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are new to me but sounds intriguing-- hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not really my type of read, but awesome covers! Especially the first one - so cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are new to me but sound really good! I hope you enjoy them!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say, the first one has a cool cover and a great opening line! Seriously, that 'We're all gonna die down here. . . .' got me quite intrigued.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these series are new to me. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks this week! Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these are new to me this week, but I love the cover of the first one. Great picks, I hope you'll enjoy them!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  18. Survive the Night sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They sure sound good but they're not my kind of books. thanks for sharing!
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  20. Survive the Night makes me feel slightly uncomfortable, and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Survive the Night looks scary and awesome! Hope you enjoy it!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  22. You NEED to read The Merciless, Jessica! It's such a creepy read! I can't wait for Survive the Night either. I'm sure it'll be just as great.

    P.s. I definitely think you should save the creepy reads for October. It will be worth your while!

    Sophie @ Seamless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  23. Survive the Night sounds pretty awesome and that cover is really cool. Hope you get your hands on it soon. And thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great picks! This is the first that I've heard of both of these but they both sound excellent.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not really a creepy read kinda person. Well mostly. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ann Aguirre has become one of my favorite authors! Will definitely be checking out Mortal Danger :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG! Survive the Night sounds AMAZING! Adding it to Goodreads right now!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both are great choices! Love the cover for Public Enemies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hmm. Both sound good. Glad to see Ann has another book coming out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Survive the Night sounds very, very creepy, Jessica! And it really calls out to me :) Thanks for sharing!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are both new to me, I hope you enjoy them Jessica!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!