Aug 6, 2018

Bookish THIS or THAT Tag! (Round 2!)

I saw this tag over at Fiction No Chaser who in turn saw it over at The Artsy Reader! I know I've done a version of this before but these question appeared different so I thought, let's do it again! I borrowed the image from The Artsy Reader as well since I have zero skills in creating my own! Lol!


Series or Standalones?

For the sake of actually giving a legit answer, I will say series! I love being able to stay in a world with the same characters for a long amount of time! That being said, I do still enjoy standalones! They can be epically amazing, but sometimes leave me wanting more where there is none!


Magic Earned or Magic Born?

Ohh. That's a tough one. I think I like magic born best. Though that's not to say I wouldn't enjoy the opposite!


Enemies to Lovers or Friends to Lovers?

I think I am more of a fan of the enemy to lovers! Both seem cliched, but I don't know...there's just something I find entertaining about the the whole hate to love!


Hilarious Banter or Emotional Ruin?

Hilarious banter, no questions asked! I love a good back and forth dialogue that can be somewhat argumentative. It's very entertaining!!


Love Triangle or Insta Love?

Oh man...two of the worst love situations! Lol! I guess I'd rather go with love triangles. I've read some that were done really, really well. I just can't get behind the idea of falling in love with someone legit in an instant or day of being together. It feels to unrealistic. 


Keyboard Smash Names or All Names Start with the Same Letter?

Whoa. That's a new one! Lol! Gotta goo with all names start with the same letter. I like to be able to pronounce the name when reading.


Mean Parents or Dead Parents?

Rather they be dead I guess. Mean parents is wayyy too harsh since your parents are supposed to love you and look out for your well-being.


Supermodel Looks or Constantly Says How "Plain" They Are?

Hmm...another toughie. I guess I'd go with having the characters or author remind us how "plain" they are. I mean, plain is subjective, just like beauty. But with media and showing off the supermodels I automatically feel like I will not connect to this character who will likely just be eating lettuce and drinking water throughout the book and just being boring.


Face on Cover or Typography on Cover?

I guess I'll go with typography, models so rarely reflect the characters. Especially if they are that "Plain Jane". *eyeroll*


Villain Turning a Little Good or Hero Turning a Little Bad?

Without a doubt the villain turning just a little good! I love a complicated villain like that!


Best Friend Dies or Love Interest Dies?

Ouch! I guess I'd have to say I'd rather the best friend die...as long as they aren't the love interest as well! I'd like to think that love interests have the potential to be a best friend with time as well.


Awesome Writing with a Dull Plot or Amazing Plot with a Murderously Bad Writing?

Man, these are brutal! Lol! I guess I'd go with amazing plot with bad writing. Because honestly, if I can't get into the story aka the plot, I am likely to DNF the book. I've read a few books that are probably considered "bad writing" but I enjoyed the story so much it didn't really matter!


Cliffhanger Ending or Heartbreaking Ending?

I guess I'd have to go with cliffhanger ending. If it was heartbreaking, I'm likely to stay in a ball of sadness. With cliffhangers there's always the potential for more to come or at the very least I can imagine my own ending. Heartbreak will always stay though!


Breaking the Spine or Dog-Earing the Pages?

What is this tag doing to me?! Ahh! I'm cringing at this one! I guess...if I HAVE to choose...it would have to be breaking the spine. That at least shows the book was well read and loved. Dog-eared pages make me cringe too much.


"Bad Boy" Trope or "Perfect Golden Boy" Trope as the Love Interest?

Gotta go with the bad boy!










3 comments:

  1. This tag seems so hard. I want to do it but I'm also afraid. I agree about dead parents. I'm so over "mom/dad is the enemy" storyline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol these questions are so hard to answer! I think I'm going to have to steal this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these are impossible choices! I don't know how you chose on that last one. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!