Aug 21, 2018

Nope Tag

via GIPHY
I saw this tag over at JennReneeRead two weeks ago and finally found time to sit down and do it! In turn, Ash had found it over at Shell's Stories!


1. NOPE. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.

This one just felt too incomplete. Like the characters still had a lot to do and yet the series was over!


2. NOPE. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.

This one was a bit mixed! Silla was a protagonist who thinks she might be going crazy and naturally, that made things a little crazy because it was hard to trust the main character.


3. NOPE. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.

 
I honestly was really enjoying this series as it went along but then when I read this final book I was just so upset with how it decided to end things. I mean in a way I got it, but it still destroyed a part of me and I pretty much felt like the entire series was a bit pointless. It hurt enough that I donated the books because of that, which is seriously a HUGE deal!


4. NOPE. Popular pairing: A “ship” you don’t support.

I can't say if it's really "popular" as I still need to finish this series too, but I was always more of a Team Cormac book and when Kitty got together with Ben I was just sooo upset! And to basically have to continue each and every book with them together was painful! You'd think I could hurry up and read those last two, but I am always so behind!


5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.

I honestly didn't see the plot twist in Echoes coming, but I will admit that I LOVED it!!


6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.

While I did still enjoy this series, one thing I didn't like was the "decision" Alyssa made when it came to resolving the love triangle. It just didn't work for me at all.


7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.

Contemporary


8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition.

Ebooks. I know they are highly convenient and whatnot, but I just hate them sometimes. It's so hard to figure out where I am in the book because there are no real page numbers for when I'm reading and it bugs me not knowing where I am at in the story other than X%.


9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.

Insta love. Granted, I don't DNF it because of it, but the characters definitely lose some respect when that happens.


10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.

This series is seriously hyped and while I gave the first book a try, I honestly did not like it at all. My review might have been nicer than necessary yet everyone kept telling me to keep going. It gets better. Well, I had reached my limit for second chances because I honestly just did not get into the first book and didn't want to waste more time on this series.


11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliché or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.

Overuse of repetition. I remember reading a book once where the heroine literally said "Mmmm" like three times on one page and I can't even remember if one of them involved food. It might have just been over the guy she was staring at.


12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.

Archer. Man I liked this guy in the beginning but then I remember he betrayed Sophie in some way and to me, that just made him a poor love interest. Yet Sophie could never get over the guy and it bugged me to no end!


13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.

Sorry folks. I just did not like this one when all was said and done. It was unoriginal and yet everyone thought it was THE vampire book for the YA world and it just bugged me! I think I was more annoyed that people thought it was THE vampire book despite the fact that were tons of books already that told a similar story. Though I hold nothing against anyone who enjoyed this book, just please don't get in a conversation about it with me...it will not end well! LOL!


14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.

Umbridge! Say what you want about Voldemort, but man that woman was a b with an itch! Also choosing Jaws aka the shark because what's scarier than a massive shark that can swallow you whole?


15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.

Yeah...apparently a lot of deaths still cause me to cry even years after having read the books! The casualty list in Harry Potter is a mile long and pretty much every death tore me up! Then there was Gabriel, Daniel, and Ethan!


16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading and have decided to quit. 

Jodi Meadows. I tried and I tried and I tried. I just cannot get into her books so I've officially given up!









 

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read Ensnared (even though I own it), and I think a big reason is because I'm pretty sure I know how that love triangle's going to end up and I'm just rolling my eyes over it. One day ...

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!