Aug 8, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

What would you do if everything you thought was true about your family turned out to be a lie?

Annie Lakes has had the same recurring nightmare for years. Her heart pounding in her chest. A panicked voice, begging her to run faster. Her own bloodcurdling scream. But now Annie is starting to realize it's more than just a bad dream. She's starting to remember things about the night her cousin Jenny disappeared all those years ago. Things that make her believe her family was involved--and what they're hiding is much worse than she ever imagined. But she can't unravel this alone. She needs someone she can trust, someone like sexy Detective Mark Sutton ....

Mark has seen enough--too much--to assume that Annie's story is a dead end. It turns out that her family is hiding some killer secrets. A long time ago, Annie was just an innocent little girl who saw something she shouldn't. Now she's a target, and Mark's running out of time to protect the woman he's starting to fall for. But how does Mark face off against a murderer who just may be someone Annie loves?


I love a good mystery and I love Christie's YA stuff, so I am eager to try her adult mystery series! I do believe this is her first mystery too! Her previous adult books were contemporary ones, so I never read any of those!

PUBLISHER: Forever
GENRE: Mystery
RELEASE DATE: August 28, 2018



  

8 comments:

  1. I like when a favorite author branches out. So far, all the authors I have read, who have written for different age groups or in different genres have been successful reads for me. I hope you enjoy this book as much as Craig's previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I'd not heard of this book. I hope you enjoy this book like you have enjoyed her YA books!

    Have a wonderful day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author before. (I see on her Goodreads page: Pseudonym for C. C. Hunter.) So, no, I haven't read any of her books before. I hope you enjoy reading this book, Jessica!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This sounds like an intense read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when everything we know turns out to be a lie ha ha! THose are the best stories. :) Love the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this! I'm trying to read more thriller/mystery this year, maybe I should look into this one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I never heard of this author before! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!