Aug 29, 2018

Let's Discuss: Favorite Types of Romance

My discussion steam has been running low lately! I thought I had an idea for a topic the other day but I totally forgot to write it down and naturally I forgot what it was! After scanning the list of topic ideas I thought of one that I don't think I really talked about that I thought, why not talk about it today?!


Favorite Type of Romance


We have a few varieties of romance, there's that dreaded insta-love which I really can't stand. Though I won't not read a book I want to read even if I know it will be insta-lovey ahead of time. Then there's the slow-build up, which I enjoy! There's the hate-love relationships which are enjoyable as well! Those can almost be a branch off of the slow-build up since the characters start out hating each other. Then there's the friends to lovers trope which can be hit or miss for me.

Out of all those, I think my favorite is the slow-build up or slow-burn if you want to call it that way. I guess because I like watching the characters slowly fall in love. It feels more realistic at times too because how often do you find yourself head over heels in love with that person that just walked into the room for the first time? I mean he could be a serial murderer for all you know, yet you fell in love with him instantly? Really?

What's funny is that sometimes this happens in paranormals and the human character falls instantly in love with the paranormal person who may or not be a "killing" type. Though I will say that none of the paranormal peeps were ever serial killers.

But anyway, I enjoy a nice slow building romance myself! The hate to love trope is also enjoyable, because as I said, I feel like that branches off the slow-buildup.

If you like romance in your books, what's your favorite kind of romance?






2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the slow-build up romances as well... But then again I like paranormal romances too! I recently finished reading The Keeper of the Wolf Clan, which was awful. And I also read Forgotten Monsters: The Lost and Found Collection by Kelly Apple earlier this month, which was a good collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoy slow-burn romance as well. Instalove makes me crazy!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!