Aug 28, 2018

Let's Discuss: Ghost Books!

I find myself in a lull where I can think of any good discussion topics! I keep looking at different prompts but I don't get any inspiration. So I kept thinking and thinking and looking at different books trying to find a topic and then I thought of one!


My First Ghost Books


I've talked many time about my first vampire book and how it spawned my love for all things paranormal, creepy, and weird! Then I started thinking about all the other "spooky" creatures of novels. Then I moved onto ghosts because I'm close to starting a ghostly read! While I feel like I might have read a middle grade book that involved ghosts, I really can't remember them too well, because the books are no longer with me!

But the first ghostly book that I read--or what I am pretty sure was my first one--was Jenny Carroll aka Meg Cabot's The Mediator series starting with Shadowland! And it was awesome!

It pretty much opened my eyes to ghostly books and I thought it was incredible! Yes, there's a sort of ghost romance going on which you can sense will be problematic for the future, but I still never expected the turn of events that came about!

Another of my first ghost books I remember reading is one I want to re-read again at some point because I bought it in some 3 for whatever sale at B&N and that is The House Next Door by Richie Tankersley Cusick!

I remember liking this one, but then in a fit of cleaning or whatever you want to call it, I added it to my donate pile because there was a book drive going on somewhere! Lol. So I picked it up again during the sale! I wish I could remember more about it, but I really can't! Though I was upset to see for whatever reason they reprinted the book as a trade paperback, but yet, left the formatting inside as its original mass market size. I mean, what was the point of that besides wanting to charge more for it?!


And those are basically the only ones I can readily think of that were among my first ghost books! Granted, The Mediator was a series so there have been a nice amount of those over the years! I am sure I read more too, but ghosts were harder topics unless it was just a haunting situation. I know as time went on, I read more ghost books, but in this I was trying to think of my first ones!

Do you remember your first ghost read, if you're a paranormal reader of course!







1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think I just told you this in another comment, but one of the first books I remember reading was called The Ghost Next Door. I loved it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!