Aug 7, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
 
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE 
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'Killing is an art, Delilah.' He gave me a grim smile. 'Describing the act properly is a skill that requires colorful words.'

'I remember a time when you didn't speak much. Fondly.'" Kindle loc. 29%*



*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.







TITLE: Fury
AUTHOR: Rachel Vincent
PUBLISHER: Mira Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: October 30, 2018 





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



This week's topic is: Books You’d Mash Together


*in no particular order

 10. VAMPIRE ACADEMY & HARRY POTTER--a school for witches and wizards vs a school for vampires and their protectors? Oh yeah, there's a story here!
9. THE FORBIDDEN GAME & CARAVAL--two kinds of games both with possibly deadly consequences. Combined together and you'll wonder which dangers are real and which ones are just are a game...


8. FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT & DEATH AND THE GIRL NEXT DOOR--same author, similar storylines (mystery and dead people), yet I'd love to see the adults and teenager interact!
7. THE IRON KING & THE IMMORTAL RULES--fae vs vampires...mostly I just want to see Puck and Jackal interact!


6. BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER & CATWOMAN: SOULSTEALER--while I have yet to read Catwoman, I wouldn't mind Selina and Bruce interacting as teens! Gotham provides some of that tension, but I was always a fan of Batman Returns and the animated series that really explored that romance!
5. SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY & STALKING JACK THE RIPPER--I don't know why I picked these two. I guess just the similar time periods (maybe, I really can't remember exact years) and you know zombies and serial killers! Fun mix!


 4. HALF BLOOD & OBSIDIAN--apparently I am liking a crossover series from the same author more than different author! Only because it's hard to envision two different author's books be meshed together! This would definitely make for an interesting read!
3. SECONDHAND SPIRITS & IF WALLS COULD TALK--granted Juliet did write a short story that meshed these two worlds together but I'd love a full length novel! Though I am still very behind in both series...so who knows what might have happened! ;)


2. UNHOOKED & DOROTHY MUST DIE--oohhh, mixing Neverland and Oz? Total chaos!
1. FALLING KINGDOMS & POISON STUDY--let's just mix my two favorite fantasy series together and see what happens! 





 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love that quote from Fury! Nice...

    And Vampire academy/ HP would be amazing. We ned that mash up! Unhooked and Dorothy Must Die seems like it would be insane too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Batman and Catwoman should definitely be merged in that way. How fun would that be!?

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Harry Potter & Vampire Academy sounds awesome!! Awesome List!

    Heather @ Heather's Reading Hideaway|My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I haven't started this series yet but have it on my wishlist. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I'd definitely read the book that mashes up Neverland and Oz! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HP and Vampire Academy - that could be cool!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes Harry Potter and VA would mash together nicely! So would Obsidian and Half Blood. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!