Mar 23, 2017

Random Thursday

We've apparently hit the nature section or segment in That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser, brace yourselves for more buggy (and planty) facts!

(image borrowed from Zodiac Signs)
"All scorpions glow. A scorpion's exoskeleton contains a thin transparent film called the hyaline layer, which fluoresces under black (ultraviolet) light. Even after hundreds of millions of years, the hyaline layers of fossilized scorpions still glow."

 
Had no idea that that happened! And yeah...had to go with a Scorpio picture because I didn't want to see pictures of scorpions! LOL!


(image borrowed from Disney Animals Wiki)
"Certain ants will climb to the top of a grass stalk and wait, becoming easy prey for roaming herbivores. Just a fluke? It is a fluke: the lancet liver fluke (Dicrocoelium dendriticum). Once inside an ant, the parasite controls its nerve centers, forces it open, and eventually finds safe harbor in the livers of sheep, cattle, goats, pigs, and, rarely humans."


Eww....


(image borrowed from Etsy)
"You can in fact get cooties. Cooties are lice."


I KNEW IT!! Okay not really! ;)


(image borrowed from Healthline)
"Poison ivy is a member of the tropical cashew family, from which we get cashew and pistachio nuts."


More new information!!!






3 comments:

  1. *shudders*

    This made me think of the ant zombie disease thing.. I'm not sure if that's the liver thing you're referencing, but it's literally the scariest thing ever. If it ever somehow could mutates and transfers to humans, we'd have ourselves a real-life zombie apocalypse... o.o

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did know that about the scorpions. I knew a couple a while back that were Scorpios and they had a glass coffee table with scorpions in it and black lights around the wood frame. It was crazy and I was antsy sitting near it! I love learning that about cashews and pistachios since I don't like those LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure that my sister had cooties when we were kids. Not real cooties but still. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!