Mar 26, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



Well I had a pretty good book week this week. Though tragedy struck on Thursday when my copy of The Diabolic came with a damaged cover spine! And after going through the ordeal of a return with Amazon, I've been waiting for several days--since I filled it out on Thursday to begin said return and I mailed it off Friday--and they still haven't shipped it!! It's driving me bonkers! They should be shipping it right away! I mean I am returning my damaged copy because I'm not paying for two copies. I'm just aggravated! They really ought to be shipping it Friday so that I could've had it by the weekend, but alas! They tell me Tuesday. So that won't be in my haul until next week...hopefully. *grumbles*


This week for review I received some good ones, two ironically are ones I've read but the publishers were kind enough to send finished copies and I still got one new book I am super excited to read right after my current read or about to be current read!

Missing by Kelley Armstrong--review to come
Blade Bound by Chloe Neill--review to come
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh (ARC)


THANK YOU Crown Books, Berkley Books, and Penguin Books!



And because I've already been seeing the contents of LitCube and Owl Crate being showcased on Instagram, I though I might as well show you them as well! So here's what was inside those boxes last week!










14 comments:

  1. That sucks about the spine on your book and I agree they should send the copy right away not later. It wasn't your fault. I hope you enjoy your reads and those boxes look really cool. :)

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always very annoying when that happens! And you're right - they should have immediately sent out a replacement. I haven't read Missing, yet and I see you're reading Legion... I LOVE that cover. I know it's part of a series - can it be read as a standalone, do you think? *she asks hopefully* Have a great week, Jessica:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Returning things is so annoying! Sorry you have to deal with that. I hope you enjoy your books, though.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm so sorry about your copy of The Diabolic! It's rare that Amazon sends a damaged book but it's such a pain when they do. :/ I hope you love Flame in the Mist! I've been debating requesting it but I have SO MANY ARCs to read right now I'm not sure I'll have time. Enjoy your new reads :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul. That sucks about your copy of The Diabolic. Hate when that happens with a book. Great haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your book from Amazon. That's awful it's taking them so long to send you the book!

    Thanks for sharing your subscription contents. I love seeing them!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about this Armstrong book! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get the replacement copy soon. I got Missing too but my daughter grabbed it straight away. I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had to deal with an online return for a damaged book - how upsetting, especially if you were planning to read it right away!

    How did you enjoy Missing? I love Kelley Armstrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, I hope we will both love Flame in the Mist!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that your Diabolic replacement comes very soon! how annoying for you.

    I am looking forward to reading Missing and I really enjoyed Blade Bound.

    Have a nice week and happy reading! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I received Daughter of the Pirate King in my Bookly Box this month as well. I'm excited to read it and it will look lovely on my shelf (once I get my "library" done). So sad about your copy of The Diabolic and I'm glad you asked for a replacement. I have a hard copy of that book and it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They should have shipped your replacement book right away. I love amazon but they don't seem to always package things as well as they should. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, you and all your loot. You drive me to jealousy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!