Mar 3, 2017

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

 


The Rules:

  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
  • You create your own post using the post prompt.
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.

Specific RULES:


  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed FOLLOW as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers



This week's prompt is: Books You Want to See as a Film or TV Show


MY ANSWER: Ooh I can think of a few I'd like to see a TV shows! I think they would work rather well in that format! Hopefully done right! Never fails from the few books I loved that were televised they came out kind of ehh...

Once again I turn back to the Charley Davidson series. OMG! This would be such a good show! I'm thinking the sort of where one season is one book! Charley is hilarious and if cast right, along with a right fit for Reyes, because REYES FARROW!!!....then I think this would be quite successful!

Another that I think would make a good TV show or perhaps mini series would be L.J. Smith's The Forbidden Game trilogy! I LOOOOVED this series! I read it before Vampire Diaries even! And yeah...pretty much would love to see this one on the screen. I wasn't super thrilled with what they did with The Vampire Diaries. It started out pretty good, sure a few changes that were a tad cringe worthy, but not bad. But then it just got bad...at least for me. I never did read The Secret Circle and apparently they didn't do the show right since it flopped. I'm not sure I would trust the CW to tackle this one. Like I said, I could see it as a TV show or mini series. Three sets of mini series of course, one for each book of the trilogy!


And yeah, here's the old school omnibus cover!! It's the one I have. When I saw this beauty in Borders some odd years ago I was immediately attracted to it. Despite its early 90s look! Covers in the early 2000s were okay ones, not nearly as gorgeous ones we see today! So I was kind of intrigued with its retro-ness even back then!






2 comments:

  1. I was hesitant on today's topic. Sometimes, books can make very good shows or films if done in the right way. I think for a lot of us, it doesn't always happen that way and it bugs us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, I like the book over any shows. I am impressed by Outlander but that is rare.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!