Mar 12, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



This was a pretty good week! I picked up a few new books! Had yet another harrowing experience of ordering one book online and having it come with a ripped cover! I mean it's the most upsetting thing ever when you get that in the mail! Thankfully it was a B&N book so I was able to go up to the store and exchange it! Whew! Although for some reason this time I had to pay the sales tax which hadn't been included before. That didn't happen the last time I had to do an exchange but .31 is no big deal to get an unripped cover!

So here's what I bought:
 

 Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton--yeah...I found myself needing to just buy the US hardback too to have too mismatching/matching sets! LOL!
Scooby Apocalypse #11 by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, Howard Porter, Dale Eaglesham, Jan Duursema
Tale as Old as Time by Charles Solomon--this was the one that came ripped! And because it's SOOO gorgeous I needed an undamaged copy! This is actually an updated version as they've added new info regarding the new live action film!


Then in an awesome trade with Danni @LilRedBookshelf I was able to get the remaining "hidden" UK cover of Caraval!! I was super excited to be able to own all 5!! LOL!

 Caraval by Stephanie Garber

THANK YOU again Danni!!


For review I received:

 Torn by Alyssa Rose Ivy (ARC)--already read and reviewed this one! LOVED it!!
Spectacle by Rachel Vincent (ARC) 


THANK YOU Alyssa, Harlequin MIRA, and Netgalley!!





10 comments:

  1. Woah you own 5 copies of Caraval? That's amazing! I didn't know there were special hardcover editions.
    I loved Rachel Vincent's first book, so I'm excited about Spectacle. I hope you have a good week, Jessica and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..getting a ripped book cover in the mail horrible for book lovers! Hopefully they are sending a new one. Glad you are building your collection of Caraval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard great things about Caraval. I don't know about the others. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traitor to the Throne was such an amazing book, I totally dont blame you. The Rachel Vincent book looks really good, I haven't read her books in a while.
    Great haul this week. Enjoy the week ahead.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books, hope you enjoy! I especially like the look of that Rachel Vincent one :)
    Have a good week ahead, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul, I can't wait to hear what you think of Traitor to the Throne. I liked the first book so I think I will continue the series.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo... looking forward to hearing what you make of Traitor to the Throne, which I personally think is even better than Rebel of the Sands. I'm fascinated by the Menagerie series as I like Rachel Vincent's writing - great book haul, Jessica:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I've really been wanting that Beauty and the Beast book! I hadn't seen the cover yet. Very excited to read Traitor to the Throne too. Enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, Caraval hat edition! And Traitor to the Throne! I got that one too, even though the hardcovers won't match... sigh. It's still beautiful. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope to get to Caraval next week. My daughter is reading it now but I gave her a deadline :) You got some nice new books this week. Sorry about the bother with the ripped cover but glad you got it worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!