Mar 30, 2017

Random Thursday

The last day this month for diving into That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser, we'll go back to the Disney book of answered questions! I find I really like this pattern of alternating monthly rather than weekly! It's just easier when I schedule my posts a week out to just keep returning to the one book instead of digging out one then the other! LOL!

(image borrowed from Goodreads)
"Prosopagnosia is the inability to recognize faces, including one's own image in a mirror. Sufferers of this rare disorder know that they are looking at a face but they cannot say to whom the face belongs."


I'd say I suffer from this 50% of the time...though I do know my own face! Can you guess the example face? ;)


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
"Charlie Chaplin once lost a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest. He failed even to make the finals."
 
 
This is just astounding! I mean...how does that happen? Though, in a slightly similar yet still different scenario, Debbie Macomber, wasn't quite recognized by a bookseller who "corrected" her on the correct pronunciation of her own last name. Let's just say things were revealed during checkout as to who was right! LOL!
 
 
(image borrowed from Pintrest)
"Though John Lennon claimed to be the walrus, he is actually a trilobite, a prehistoric ocean dwelling arthropod. The four species, Avalanchurus garfunkeli; A. lennoni; A. simony; and A. starri, are named after Art Garfunkel, John Lennon, Paul Simon, and Ringo Starr, respectively."
 
 
It's been too many years since my class unit regarding The Beatles to fully understand what this tidbit is telling me. But points for knowing it's The Beastles!
 
 
(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
"Artists have more sexual partners. Researchers suggest that creative people excel at attracting mates, acting on sexual impulses, and doing more than their share of ensuring species survival because they often display 'schizotypal' characteristics--the positive side of schizophrenic personality traits."
 
 
I figure "artists" could mean both the painting/creating type as well as the performing type! Hence the picture...mostly for laughs!! LOL!
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love that Charlie Chaplin didn't win the look a like contest...that's just not right!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!